megabass black jack rod.

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

megabass black jack rod.

Post by Revofisher » Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 am

recently picked up a megabass destroyer t.s black jack from tackle trap. does anyone have any experience with this rod, I still haven't fished it yet waiting on the reel to come in. Also what does the T.S stand for?? thanks for any feedback.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: megabass black jack rod.

Post by Cristo » Sat May 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Have tons of feedback on that beautiful ride I'll have to find the link somewhere but I'm pretty lazy right now or you can just PM me like most people do :big grin:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun May 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Interesting rod
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun May 06, 2018 1:33 pm

One of the top big game sticks in my hands, super slept on as well as TS series as a whole. Sexy a** and sturdy builds IMHO. It can do a great many things but I love slinging the Bullshooter 160 SS on it :big grin:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 07, 2018 7:17 pm

how versatile is it?
I won't swimbait fish with it so, what else can it do?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Tue May 08, 2018 9:05 pm

im going to use it for 2-3 oz swimbaits im still waiting on the new ryoga to put on the rod so i cant really comment how it fishes so far. The build quality is impeccable and very appealing. I could see someone punching really heavy weights with it or throwing a 10 xd as well, but im going to use it for swimbaits and winter time alabama rigs.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed May 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Throws 10xd like a champ I don't punch but I would have to agree that it would be a great punching rod for heavy Okeechobee Style junk here and deeper reservoirs I've used it for Carolina rigging big ole Texas rigs too.

howieberger2
Angler
Angler

Post by howieberger2 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 pm

I recently purchased a black jack from the tackle trap as well and use it for casting swimbaits and flairs which are basically bucktail jigs to big snook and the rod is amazing in every aspect. Ive caught a couple 20b class fish so far and the rod is extremely powerful and has some fish moving power. seems like 1.5 - 2 oz is its sweet spot for me. I fish either a cte200gt or conquest 300 on it and both feel well balanced i favor the narrower 200 on it. Its a little heavy weight wise to me compared to some of the newer blank tech from some other manufacturers but i like the taper/action, feel, casting ability and power the black jack blank has. Overall very impressed especially with the megabass fit and finish which is far better than most customs. You'll be stoked! Eric.