ish frog rod vs omori pitching stick

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

ish frog rod vs omori pitching stick

Post by jte54 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:13 am

I recently seen a video where omori used Ish's frog rod for a finesse jig vs his pitching stick bc he said it was softer. Does any one have experience with these two elite rods. I just can't see a frog rod being softer than a pitching stick.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ish frog rod vs omori pitching stick

Post by slime king » Wed May 02, 2018 12:48 pm

I'm interested in this as well. I was looking into both these rods for a texas rig pitching rod. Ive handled the frog rod but the Omori rod was not available in the shop I was at to compare.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 pm

He might have meant softer tip. Makes sense for a frog rod to have a softer tip than a pitching/flipping stick, as some prefer a softer tip for walking/open water frogs

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Sun May 06, 2018 12:37 pm

I handled both at a local shop yesterday. The pitching rod had a heavier tip power and a more moderate action while the frog rod was faster with a little lighter tip.

LAGVPI99
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LAGVPI99 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:42 am

I just fished my 7-3MH Ehrler yesterday for the first time. I really like it and I was completely shocked at how accurate I am with this rod with a Tat SV. It was like I was fishing a 6' rod.

I would like something a little stouter for pitching. I think the Tak 7-3 is in my near future...along with his cranking rod.

As an aside...these and the Cronos have the most comfortable reel seat I have ever used. With a CT reel I can fish all day without any discomfort. Very well done.