NRX warranty

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Cressy
Angler
Angler

NRX warranty

Post by Cressy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Just a quick question for y'all, I recently purchased my first NRX granted it was used but there isn't a scratch anywhere on the rod or the cork. I was wondering how the warranty works or if there is even a warranty for a used one, I'm praying there is lol

Thanks guys!

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: NRX warranty

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:05 pm

I doubt if there is. I would assume the warranty would only be for the person who purchased the rod new.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm

The info is published on their website:

"G. Loomis rods are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against non-conformities in workmanship and materials for the life of the original owner."

http://www.gloomis.com/content/gloomis/ ... RANTY.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cressy
Angler
Angler

Post by Cressy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Cal wrote:The info is published on their website:

"G. Loomis rods are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against non-conformities in workmanship and materials for the life of the original owner."

http://www.gloomis.com/content/gloomis/ ... RANTY.html
Thanks Cal, I assumed that was the case but I just wanted to get your guys verification on that.

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Just use the Xpeditor Service,a no-fault, no questions-asked, service program. If you break it, its most likely not going to be a manufactures defect anyway.
http://www.gloomis.com/content/gloomis/ ... OGRAM.html
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

Cressy
Angler
Angler

Post by Cressy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 pm

spencerinstl wrote:Just use the Xpeditor Service,a no-fault, no questions-asked, service program. If you break it, its most likely not going to be a manufactures defect anyway.
http://www.gloomis.com/content/gloomis/ ... OGRAM.html

So the Xpeditor doesn't require you to be the original owner? That would be awesome.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Cressy wrote:So the Xpeditor doesn't require you to be the original owner? That would be awesome.
It's no questions asked, so probably not, but you do incur a replacement fee that varies a little depending on the model.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cressy
Angler
Angler

Post by Cressy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Cal wrote:
Cressy wrote:So the Xpeditor doesn't require you to be the original owner? That would be awesome.
It's no questions asked, so probably not, but you do incur a replacement fee that varies a little depending on the model.
Gotcha, $125 isn't too bad for the NRX I guess. I appreciate all the responses and information.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:44 am

Cressy wrote:Just a quick question for y'all, I recently purchased my first NRX granted it was used but there isn't a scratch anywhere on the rod or the cork. I was wondering how the warranty works or if there is even a warranty for a used one, I'm praying there is lol

Thanks guys!
If you are in US, NRX might be the best rod to buy. but if you are in Malaysia...Please don't ever buy Gloomis at all... :)

I am big fan of Gloomis, NRX especially...., I have only used NRX in Malaysia.... Anyway cut everything short, I have made a claimed for my broken NRX and it's been about a year.

2 days ago, an Authorised Gloomis, Penang - Malaysia called me and she said that Gloomis has bought by Shimano and there is no GLomis NRX anymore... She said she was only helping me and she earned nothing out of it..... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
She asked me to change other model but NRX... Anyway I have asked her to write me a letter or send me an email saying that Gloomis has discontinued the NRX model...She was very angry and kept on saying that she was only trying to help and not earning a cent out of it... I can't tolerate so I hang up on her....

She called again, I told her just to write me a letter and I hanged up :)

Today, the tackle shop where i originally bought my Gloomis, called me and explained that the AD Gloomis managed to get my NRX rod and I need to pay Rm 1050 + - ( USD 270)...

For almost One year just to claim my NRX rod :)....

So far, Gloomis NRX is one of the best rods I have, but of course G loomis needs to appoint a good educated AD in Penang< malaysia who can speak English well with a great manner.

So I won't buy another G Loomis anymore in this country :)

Regards,
Wirinhar

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:40 am

the person you spoke to is full of it

Shimano bought G. Loomis back in 1997, almost 20 years ago now.

the NRX is not discontinued.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 am

Hulkster wrote:the person you spoke to is full of it

There is some confusion as to if the MBR rods in the NRX line are discontinued. The JWR tapers definitely aren't discontinued.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:07 pm

ccass wrote:There is some confusion as to if the MBR rods in the NRX line are discontinued. The JWR tapers definitely aren't discontinued.
The MBR NRX rods are in fact discontinued, along with 901s and 902s JWR. Other models are in production and going strong.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Cressy wrote:
So the Xpeditor doesn't require you to be the original owner? That would be awesome.
nope. call them and they ship the rod to you with a paid return shipping label (use same tube). you have 30 days to mail it back or they charge the card you paid the fee with for full amt of rod. they ship very fast. no receipts needed.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 pm

bronzefly wrote:
ccass wrote:There is some confusion as to if the MBR rods in the NRX line are discontinued. The JWR tapers definitely aren't discontinued.
The MBR NRX rods are in fact discontinued, along with 901s and 902s JWR. Other models are in production and going strong.
That’s terrible news, as the 843 is the best all purpose rod I’ve ever seen...granted that you’re staying in the lighter end of the lure range like 3/16-1/2 oz. are the discontinuing the sjr’s too?

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Hulkster wrote:the person you spoke to is full of it

Basically Penang-Malaysia Gloomis Distributor now is not a reliable source or not a qualified distributor.

It is very very sad to say why Gloomis are not doing well in Malaysia.

up till now, They haven't replaced my Gloomis yet :).

I don't know how long should I wait :).

Gloomis NRX is one if the best rods I have used so far but again.....Very very sad to see unreliable distributor.

Regards,
Wirinhar