One Ten Special questions?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

One Ten Special questions?

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:27 am

I've been looking at this rod for quite a while, but am unable to check one out in person. I was wondering if it would make a good 1/4 oz jig rod and hard jerkbait stick? I realize it's designed for the One Ten which is what intrigues me, but I also want something light and sensitive enough to use as an all around medium powered rod for bottom bouncing...Would I be better off going with Loomis again or another medium rod? And does anyone have the weight on this rod?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: One Ten Special questions?

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 am

try a nrx852c, i use mine for 1/4 stuff and worked fine in a pinch for jerkbaits too

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:24 pm

The 110 Special US Destroyer is absolutely capable of fishing light bottom contact stuff, finesse type 1/4 oz jig included. Last year, it was one of my go to pond hopping rods due to it's versatility. I fished a jig rig with a small plastic on it a lot as well as some weightless Senkos. I was throwing a Spro Little John MD on it today and caught some quality fish. The top water bite is about to get hot and it excels at that application as well. It's light - I don't weigh rods often as it really doesn't matter much to me, but i can check when I get time. i have a Tackle Trap Custom ZPI tuned Steez SV TW 6.3:1 with the gold highlights but 7:1 gears installed and it's one of my absolute favorite combos!

www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:06 pm

bronzefly wrote:The 110 Special US Destroyer is absolutely capable of fishing light bottom contact stuff, finesse type 1/4 oz jig included. Last year, it was one of my go to pond hopping rods due to it's versatility. I fished a jig rig with a small plastic on it a lot as well as some weightless Senkos. I was throwing a Spro Little John MD on it today and caught some quality fish. The top water bite is about to get hot and it excels at that application as well. It's light - I don't weigh rods often as it really doesn't matter much to me, but i can check when I get time. i have a Tackle Trap Custom ZPI tuned Steez SV TW 6.3:1 with the gold highlights but 7:1 gears installed and it's one of my absolute favorite combos!

Yes please do get a weight on it if you get time. I’m aware of the awesomeness of the 852 NRX. I used to one. I just draw the line at 7’ for jerkbaits...would I notice that 1” I don’t know lol but my ocd won’t allow it.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 pm

bronzefly wrote:The 110 Special US Destroyer is absolutely capable of fishing light bottom contact stuff, finesse type 1/4 oz jig included. Last year, it was one of my go to pond hopping rods due to it's versatility. I fished a jig rig with a small plastic on it a lot as well as some weightless Senkos. I was throwing a Spro Little John MD on it today and caught some quality fish. The top water bite is about to get hot and it excels at that application as well. It's light - I don't weigh rods often as it really doesn't matter much to me, but i can check when I get time. i have a Tackle Trap Custom ZPI tuned Steez SV TW 6.3:1 with the gold highlights but 7:1 gears installed and it's one of my absolute favorite combos!

The topwater bite? You damn Southern boys...it's snowing here this weekend. Lol.

Beautiful fish, and beautiful combo Gary.

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm

I just got mine today from TW!
I thought the destroyer line was made in Japan, mine had made in China sticker on it.