Do Expride rods have a high rate of breakage?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Do Expride rods have a high rate of breakage?

Post by reason162 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Samuel_b wrote:How does it compare in power compared to say Loomis MH ratings or St Croix to give me an idea? Especially tip? After all ratings are pretty much subjective. Thanks
It's def lighter in the tip than a typical SC mh. Here's a very short unlisted clip of the 7'2mh 2017 expride A: https://youtu.be/aUMOuy7fS_I

3/8oz jig, total weight w/trailer maybe 5/8oz. I felt the laydown branches, then boulders, then chunk rock, then the subtle tick-tick of the bite almost at the end of the retrieve. I don't think you're going to regret buying this rod.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks! It looks like a great rod. Supposedly the new ones are 10% lighter too and slightly quicker actioned as well. Thanks for all the info you’ve been very helpful.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:27 pm

I actually like the current Expride series better than the higher priced original series. These rods don't get enough love, and certainly have a lot of competition, and a lot of concern over the one year warranty, but guys who fish them are really happy with them. I have not seen a high rate of breakage from our customers at The Tackle Trap. We've seen more repeat customers than anything else...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

bronzefly wrote:I actually like the current Expride series better than the higher priced original series. These rods don't get enough love, and certainly have a lot of competition, and a lot of concern over the one year warranty, but guys who fish them are really happy with them. I have not seen a high rate of breakage from our customers at The Tackle Trap. We've seen more repeat customers than anything else...
Thanks sir! Yes I’m very excited about this series of rods. While I would like to own all NRX I’m trying to justify saving a little money this time around. These appear to be the next best thing to GLX, and at a much lower price point. I refuse to buy anything without at least SiC guides, and pair that with the Ci4 reel seat and reasonably low weight, these look like winners!

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:25 pm

bronzefly wrote:I actually like the current Expride series better than the higher priced original series. These rods don't get enough love, and certainly have a lot of competition, and a lot of concern over the one year warranty, but guys who fish them are really happy with them. I have not seen a high rate of breakage from our customers at The Tackle Trap. We've seen more repeat customers than anything else...
Do you feel like the Pioison Adrena is worth the extra $100 over the 2017 Exprides? I was wondering how different they are in terms of modulus or crispness; they are very similar weight rod for rod.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 am

Just bought your last 6’10” medium in stock. Thanks Gary and TTT