Megabass 2016 Worm and Jig vs. Tour Versatile rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass 2016 Worm and Jig vs. Tour Versatile rod

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Pro's and con's of both please..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

NHBull
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass 2016 Worm and Jig vs. Tour Versatile rod

Post by NHBull » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:13 am

When I talked to the guys at tackle trap, they steamed me away from the JWR largely because of weight and really pushed the Versatile. I decided to wait and see how this year's crop of MB works out......I then bought the FMJ as it serves my needs.
Son of "Tun"

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 am

NHBull wrote:When I talked to the guys at tackle trap, they steamed me away from the JWR largely because of weight and really pushed the Versatile. I decided to wait and see how this year's crop of MB works out......I then bought the FMJ as it serves my needs.
I had both and agree with this statement.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:21 am

I just picked up both recently and can say they aren’t the lightest sticks. The TV balances a little better than the J&W, but neither are terrible by any means. Both have a lot of backbone and are pretty true to their ratings, I’d say. So, the difference is in the taper, the J&W being faster than the TV and just a hair more powerful overall. I’m hoping to get out with them side-by-side this weekend and can report more then.

If you’re looking to get either one, or both, definitely get in touch with Gary at The Tackle Trap.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:12 am

All i needed hear.. thanks..
catastrophe averted.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible