Megabass Orochi XXX snapped

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XXX snapped

Post by Rfdong » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm

I broke my destroyer one ten first trip out, three casts in on a 12 inch fish. MB was excellent but I had to wait three weeks as well as they were out of stock. Cutting that rod felt strange but waaaay cheaper.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Back when the xti and xfti rods were a thing, we were never hearing of any breakage. I sure believe in that titanium reinforced blank. Not for sensitivity but durability.[/quote]

This has become an interesting and informative thread. X2 on durability of xfti and c40. Even the Themis is durable-I've certainly done things with it Mr. Ito would frown upon with no consequence. The older Orochi dg seem quite durable in my hands also. P3 has bit me in the ass especially since I've bought a couple used. G-ax snapped like a toothpick on one caught up in grass, but it was definitely my bad. I''m a little trigger shy when fishing P3 now, or careful I should say. I love their however. Also, xti and xfti remain a thing, imho :D

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am

Doesnt seem durable as my Phenix rods

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 am

c4o themis. Ive yet to fish a xxx

Bmg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Bmg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:06 am

What was the cause of the rod breaking? I’m only asking because I’ve been eyeing the BT for sometime now. I’m sure a few of us was itching to grab that last one you copped from tackle trap. I’m a bit upset seeing you post that it broke. I use a Phenix k2 ml as a drop shot rod and was looking for a rod for light jigs and flukes. I kayak fish and have been hitting a lot of rivers and creeks so rod lengths matter. Should I just settle for an extra inch and get a glx?? Either way I’ll end up spending a pretty penny on a BT if I get one. It’s a nice looking rod too

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Bmg wrote:What was the cause of the rod breaking? I’m only asking because I’ve been eyeing the BT for sometime now. I’m sure a few of us was itching to grab that last one you copped from tackle trap. I’m a bit upset seeing you post that it broke. I use a Phenix k2 ml as a drop shot rod and was looking for a rod for light jigs and flukes. I kayak fish and have been hitting a lot of rivers and creeks so rod lengths matter. Should I just settle for an extra inch and get a glx?? Either way I’ll end up spending a pretty penny on a BT if I get one. It’s a nice looking rod too
Well, they sent me a rattle viper instead, I like it better imo, but I would give up any rod for a K2 if I could afford them, I don't like g loomis rod triggers.