Affordable bfs rods???

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Affordable bfs rods???

Post by poisonokie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 am

Houndfish wrote:
poisonokie wrote: You should strongly consider the Tatula 6101MXB. It has a solid tip that will sling light stuff with ease
Damn, I thought I had heard that and had one in my cart during the last ebay 20% deal but I couldn't find the posts again and though I was remembering wrong.
Yeah, that sale started just in time for me to get a Zillion SV for $184. Awesome.
This is the way.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am

I have the 6101mxb I got for $95 shipped off the auction site new. The soft tip makes it pretty versatile but depending on how light of a lure you plan on tossing it may not be the best option if you want to go below 3g or so. For $140 shipped i got the phenix feather 7'1" light powered rod. This is a much softer rod than the tatula and is a more capable rod for the very light stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with the majorcraft rods either. All seem to be built very well.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Yeah, major craft are nice, but good luck finding one @ $120. Maybe used if you're lucky. I got mine for $150 shipped from Shimreels and I'm certainly not letting it go anytime soon.
This is the way.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

I don't know, I found a ML GoEmotion for right around $120 a year or three ago. If the OP isn't in a hurry deals come up here from time to time.

I will also add, OP, if I were you I would save up and get the Phenix. The Recon2 version is a great all-around BFS rod and I don't have a single reasonable complaint with mine. If you want one right now, then go for whatever aliexpress rod BaitFinesse recommends.