Affordable bfs rods???

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Affordable bfs rods???

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Deinitely check out Major Craft rods. Great rods for the price. For the $120 price point, you're looking at 2 piece rods in a couple of their series. Howver, don't be off put by the 2 piece rods. I had one for a while and had no problems with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Major-Craft-FI ... Sw5cNYF~YO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Major-Craft-BE ... SwH3haBXc5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Major-Craft-Ba ... Sw25danigF

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Ish just busting ballz buddy. I feel you I definitely came from humble beginnings. good luck and see you on the darkside =P~

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:43 pm

pharmboy2010 wrote:Deinitely check out Major Craft rods. Great rods for the price. For the $120 price point, you're looking at 2 piece rods in a couple of their series. Howver, don't be off put by the 2 piece rods. I had one for a while and had no problems with it.

^^^What he said^^^
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:15 pm

I will also say don't be afraid of two-piece or multi-piece rods!

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ish87 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Good video but I’m looking for a bit of a longer rod and ml.

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ish87 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

LowRange wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
LowRange wrote:Kuying Topcaster ML.
What do you use this rod for? I like throwing small soft plastics.
Small jigs and plastics. Mostly 1/8 oz heads and small plastics.
Do you own this rod? If so how do you like it?
I like it. It has incredible build quality for the price. I like it a bit better than my Zodias 610ML. It's about as sensitive and with almost as much backbone but has a softer tip that loads up better with lighter baits and it still a mod fast like the Zodias. Amazing stick for under $60.
That’s great to hear. Definitely going to add that to list of potential rods. Have you heard anything on tsurinoya rods by any chance? I saw a video on YouTube and heard good things about them and they are still budget friendly.

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ish87 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:05 pm

pharmboy2010 wrote:Deinitely check out Major Craft rods. Great rods for the price. For the $120 price point, you're looking at 2 piece rods in a couple of their series. Howver, don't be off put by the 2 piece rods. I had one for a while and had no problems with it.

Thanks man I’ve always thought of major craft as being more on the pricier side. Didn’t know they made some what budget friendly rods but will check them out.

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ish87 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Cristo wrote:I will also say don't be afraid of two-piece or multi-piece rods!
I will give them a try never really was a fan of two piece rods but I’m going to try them out. Can’t be that bad if they still make them right, and someday I’ll get up there and be able to invest in some higher quality rods and join the dark side.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Ish87 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
What do you use this rod for? I like throwing small soft plastics.
I like it. It has incredible build quality for the price. I like it a bit better than my Zodias 610ML. It's about as sensitive and with almost as much backbone but has a softer tip that loads up better with lighter baits and it still a mod fast like the Zodias. Amazing stick for under $60.
That’s great to hear. Definitely going to add that to list of potential rods. Have you heard anything on tsurinoya rods by any chance? I saw a video on YouTube and heard good things about them and they are still budget friendly.
The only rods I'm buying off Aliexpress are Kuying. I have a number of them and they have all been fantastic. I had a trulinoya/tsurinoya Elite BFS which was a Volkey BFS copy and it didn't last a season.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:16 am

Ish87 wrote:
ss30378 wrote:What's affordable to you? $50, $100, $150???
Like 120 tops. At this moment is all I can afford.
You should strongly consider the Tatula 6101MXB. It has a solid tip that will sling light stuff with ease, but a stiff medium backbone for hook setting and fish control. It's great for finesse jigs, finesse spinnerbaits, shakey heads, 2.8-3.3" swing impact fats, flick shake worms, poppers, and jerkbaits. I haven't fished a crank on it, but one could as long as you let the rod load before you lean in. That soft tip really lets them take the bait.

It's light, balanced, comfortable, very sensitive, and affordable. I have an SV105 spooled with 10# invizx mounted on mine and it's a hell of a finesse setup. You could go lighter on the line if you wanted, but I mostly fish from the bank, so I stick with 10#.
This is the way.

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:57 am

Gotta echo Tim and Pharmboy on the MajorCraft rods. I've actually purchased two GoEmotions from Tim, one being a 2 piece MH rod and the other is a bfs rod. Absolutely love them! If you message Tim he just might have one available or I may consider selling mine.
just hotdogin it

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:56 pm

poisonokie wrote: You should strongly consider the Tatula 6101MXB. It has a solid tip that will sling light stuff with ease
Damn, I thought I had heard that and had one in my cart during the last ebay 20% deal but I couldn't find the posts again and though I was remembering wrong.

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ish87 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
ss30378 wrote:What's affordable to you? $50, $100, $150???
Like 120 tops. At this moment is all I can afford.
You should strongly consider the Tatula 6101MXB. It has a solid tip that will sling light stuff with ease, but a stiff medium backbone for hook setting and fish control. It's great for finesse jigs, finesse spinnerbaits, shakey heads, 2.8-3.3" swing impact fats, flick shake worms, poppers, and jerkbaits. I haven't fished a crank on it, but one could as long as you let the rod load before you lean in. That soft tip really lets them take the bait.

It's light, balanced, comfortable, very sensitive, and affordable. I have an SV105 spooled with 10# invizx mounted on mine and it's a hell of a finesse setup. You could go lighter on the line if you wanted, but I mostly fish from the bank, so I stick with 10#.
How much does the rod cost?

Ish87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ish87 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:16 pm

LowRange wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Ish87 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
The only rods I'm buying off Aliexpress are Kuying. I have a number of them and they have all been fantastic. I had a trulinoya/tsurinoya Elite BFS which was a Volkey BFS copy and it didn't last a season.
That’s interesting because the guy from the YouTube video said he felt the elite rod was
Over priced and that he wasn’t too satisfied. he went on to say that the pro flex was the better rod and less expensive.
Si

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 am

Ish87 wrote:
How much does the rod cost?
They retail for $150, but you can find them for less than $120 no problem.
This is the way.