Guess I need another spinning rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Guess I need another spinning rod

Post by bassmaster_flex » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:30 am

Wasn't planning on it but came across a Tatula LT Sterling Silver and now I need another spinning rod.
It will be used mostly for Ned's, nekos and drop shots. I'm a Dobyns fan and have gotten so use to 7'3 and longer rods that anything shorter kind of feels weird to me now. So I have my eyes on the Extreme 741HP. Nobody carries it around here so I'm looking for any feedback on it. I have my older Extreme 702SF that I love. Pretty similar rods? I'm thinking the 742HP might be a little much for the the techniques listed.

After saying that though, a part of me is saying go against the grain and try something totally different. And thats where the MB Addermine comes in. Looks wicked. Just don't know how it will match with the reel. I've never fished a MB rod before so what can expect from this rod? Or is it a bad idea to go there cause I might like it so much I'll end up with 12 MB rods? :shock:

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Guess I need another spinning rod

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:34 am

bassmaster_flex wrote:Wasn't planning on it but came across a Tatula LT Sterling Silver and now I need another spinning rod.
It will be used mostly for Ned's, nekos and drop shots. I'm a Dobyns fan and have gotten so use to 7'3 and longer rods that anything shorter kind of feels weird to me now. So I have my eyes on the Extreme 741HP. Nobody carries it around here so I'm looking for any feedback on it. I have my older Extreme 702SF that I love. Pretty similar rods? I'm thinking the 742HP might be a little much for the the techniques listed.

After saying that though, a part of me is saying go against the grain and try something totally different. And thats where the MB Addermine comes in. Looks wicked. Just don't know how it will match with the reel. I've never fished a MB rod before so what can expect from this rod? Or is it a bad idea to go there cause I might like it so much I'll end up with 12 MB rods? :shock:

Dont have anything to comment about the Addermine, but theres a high chance you'll re-do your arsenal to include 10 MB rods :lol:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:01 pm

I am glad I am not afflicted with this issue of eggs to the beats :big grin:

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:39 am

Pick one of these up, if you can find one, and you will never look back. It is so perfect for techniques you listed above, that the shorter length wont be an issue. One of the most sensitive rods I own.
http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... ts_id=6665
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.