Why no love for the E6X?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Why no love for the E6X?

Post by Hulkster » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I have two E6X rods, MBR843C baitcasting and JWR852 spinning rod and love them both.

they feel very similar to my other Loomis rods (but I don't have any imx's only GL3s).

I love the full cork handles and style of the reel seats on both of my rods and they both have hook keepers which I also like.

The MBR taper is great.

it seems some love them, others hate them.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:08 pm

To my thinking Bronzefly hit the nail on the head. I look for value at whatever the price level is, and to me there are better values at the level of the E6X. I love Gloomis higher end offerings.

Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Matt_3479 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:17 pm

I guess I’ll have to try a higher end loomis cause from what I’ve seen I seem to really like the e6x. The sensitivity seems awesome. I have a few rods to try out this season

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:35 am

I think mine are great too.

i have an Avid and a few GL3s and its right up there.

maybe certain models are better than others cause i really can't understand some of the horrible reviews.

I like the fact that they are made in north America like all the other Loomis rods.

NHBull
Angler
Angler

Post by NHBull » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 am

Hulkster wrote:I think mine are great too.

i have an Avid and a few GL3s and its right up there.

maybe certain models are better than others cause i really can't understand some of the horrible reviews.

I like the fact that they are made in north America like all the other Loomis rods.
I think the reason they take a hit is because they get compared to the higher end GL rods and frankly once you try the GLX all lesser models seam lackluster.
The CB and SB rods fish better than the worm/jig ( IMHO)
Additionally, the spinning E6X feels better than the BC
Son of "Tun"

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 am

i just picked up the 7'6 MBR903c baitcasting rod at a good price from a local tackle show. i am upgrading my 843. i always wanted the 7'6 version but no one had it. i went to the show and there it was. on sale (because the new models are coming) and no tax. i couldnt say no!

anyone fished with the 903c?

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 am

I've got a couple of the Inshore E6X that I love- but they are unique (tapers, actions, etc.). I enjoyed my IMX (JWR, MBR) rods till I moved up to GLX, then I understood what all the talk was/is about. :) Just got a NRX spinning, but haven't fished with it yet (argh!)- expectations are high.

I'll echo what I've heard in the past- in the store the E6X doesn't stand out, but fishing them is a different story. I agree with the two I have- they're perfect for the intended purpose. I sold my Avid Xs as IMHO, the E6X fished better for me.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:26 pm

I'll echo what I've heard in the past- in the store the E6X doesn't stand out, but fishing them is a different story.
yeah, a lot of people who own them like them. a lot of people who play with them at the store don't.

I think the reason they shine when fishing them is that G. Loomis taper. they really have it down right. The actions are great. and you don't really feel that until you fish. the MBR/SJR/JWR tapers are very well done and other companies may have lighter rods etc than the E6X but they just don't have the same taper.