What rods do you thinks we'll see debut at the Classic?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What rods do you thinks we'll see debut at the Classic?

Post by papabassin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am

Schlag wrote:Too bad Shimano won't bring this bad boy over...

Holy smokes...

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:13 am

I’m a little surprised we haven’t heard much about any other classic releases. Not just rods, but generally speaking.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 am

Yes...where are the releases on the Bassmaster website that usually preview/show all the new stuff?

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 am

Big-Bass wrote:Yes...where are the releases on the Bassmaster website that usually preview/show all the new stuff?
I don't really remember too many 'big' releases/unveilings coming out at the classic, other than the Curado. I feel like it's a relatively new thing. I could be remembering wrong though.

Edit:
Per bassmaster:
In recent years, tackle and lure companies have been using the Classic Expo as the venue to introduce their newest products to bass fishing fans. The 2018 Expo will cover more than 260,000 square feet.
Yeah, I think it's still a pretty new thing. Hopefully more manufacturers will start doing it. Timing(spring) is perfect. Better than icast timing, imo.
Last edited by spookybaits on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Destroyer USA sticks were a classic release last year as well. I think more companies have released stuff at the classic over the past few years. I just figured there would be more than what we have heard thus far, though no complaint here. I like new casting rods the most out of any new releases, but in terms of what gets released at any point in a given year I’m rarely interested anymore. The infinite variations of lures and terminal tackle especially is outta hand hahah :D

I did have a Shimano rep a few weeks ago tell me that there’s at least one new baitcast reel coming at icast this year.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:56 am

It would sure be nice if we got USA Poison Adrenas. They did it before, why not again??

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 pm

More and more companies are releasing new products at the classic. One big plus is when they do they are usually up for sale then. I believe Daiwa is releasing the new Tatula 150 along with some new rods. I wonder if it an upgraded Zillion or a whole new line of rods since the Zillions is no longer on their website. Sure wish they would brig the Black Label rods over.

Looking for to the new stuff.

FishNrace
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Location: Canada - Fishing my life away any chance i get.....

Post by FishNrace » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:56 pm

cumara wrote:It would sure be nice if we got USA Poison Adrenas. They did it before, why not again??
I hope the poison adrena makes it's way back to north america too. The "old" 172H adrena is a perfect all-around rod for me, and I'm hoping it never breaks.... And the adrena's won't break my bank like the ultima's and higher. The carbon butt handle transmits the feel good, Love the jdm slower action tip too.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 pm

I think the new Titania rods from castaway are going to be there. Curious about that rod

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:45 am

Do we think Shimano will bring the Ultima over? Wouldn't that take away from the Conquest? They are describing it as their most advanced rod ever, so why bring over competition to challenge it within their own organization? That would be like Chevy making a car to compete against the Vette.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:10 am

down4ttown wrote:Do we think Shimano will bring the Ultima over? Wouldn't that take away from the Conquest? They are describing it as their most advanced rod ever, so why bring over competition to challenge it within their own organization? That would be like Chevy making a car to compete against the Vette.
I doubt they would bring over the ultima, however that would be awesome if they did! In my opinion, I think the ultima would beat out the conquest in performance, including sensitivity, and therefore put it above the conquest in the lineup. Although i haven't fished any conquests yet, it seems that many are saying they are no better than the NRX in the sensitivity department, which would lead me to believe the grades of graphite used on the conquest are similar to the poison glorious. The 2 ultimas I have (172H and 170MH) are more sensitive than similar NRX rods. The 172H I would say is very close, and the 170MH is definitely next level over NRX.

If they ever brought over the poison glorious/ultima lines, I think it may negatively compete with conquest sales....that hideous skeleton reel seat on the conquest casting models doesn't even compare to the PG/PU reel seat/handle IMO.