Major Craft nanoace 6'9MF

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Major Craft nanoace 6'9MF

Post by iabass8 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Anybody use this rod? Interested in how true the lure ratings are and how "fast" the rod action is. Sensitivity isn't a concern for what I want to use this for. 

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Major Craft nanoace 6'9MF

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm

I have the 73MF WJ Nanoace rod. It fishes pretty true to its ratings imo, only its closer to mod-fast than fast. I actually like it for mid-depth cranks, in addition to spinnerbaits, bladed jigs and swimjigs. With braid, it works adequately for light bottom-contact stuff, too. Sensitivity is about average for the price.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Thank you sir. I'm totally find /w mod fast. Can't find any info on this darn rod. I'm looking for something that will pretty much be used for 1/4-3/8 yellow magics / Ricos/ popX /w braid. My gut says 69MF but I don't want it to be "over loaded" /w 3/8 if it fishes lighter. I was looking at the don iovino's but the handles are listed way too long for what I want in a topwater rod.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:16 pm

iabass8 wrote:Thank you sir. I'm totally find /w mod fast. Can't find any info on this darn rod. I'm looking for something that will pretty much be used for 1/4-3/8 yellow magics / Ricos/ popX /w braid. My gut says 69MF but I don't want it to be "over loaded" /w 3/8 if it fishes lighter. I was looking at the don iovino's but the handles are listed way too long for what I want in a topwater rod.
That rod should be about perfect for those baits. In a pinch, I once fished a MB Pop Max with it. That's roughly 1/2 oz and it didn't feel overloaded.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
iabass8 wrote:Thank you sir. I'm totally find /w mod fast. Can't find any info on this darn rod. I'm looking for something that will pretty much be used for 1/4-3/8 yellow magics / Ricos/ popX /w braid. My gut says 69MF but I don't want it to be "over loaded" /w 3/8 if it fishes lighter. I was looking at the don iovino's but the handles are listed way too long for what I want in a topwater rod.
That rod should be about perfect for those baits. In a pinch, I once fished a MB Pop Max with it. That's roughly 1/2 oz and it didn't feel overloaded.
That's what I'm hoping. There's so much back and forth with the ratings of other lines it's hard to nail it down. I'm concerned the top end of what I want to use it for will be cumbersome on the 69MF if the rod is light but I also don't want the 69MHF to be too much to load the smaller 1/4oz poppers IF the rod ratings are correct.... :crying: My gut says 69MF should be perfect.