Daiwa Tatula elite Brent Ehler

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula elite Brent Ehler

Post by mokujon » Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

I imagine this rod is awesome I have the 7'3" MH Brent Ehler rod and I use it for everything. I'm your average weekend fisherman fishing on a budget. I have my rod paired with a Tatula SV TWS 7.3:1 and I love everything about it. I have 20lb braid with 12lb flouro as a leader.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm

goldrod wrote:
daiwafan wrote:I don't know how I missed this thread before but I have to say that I really love these rods. I have had the first one since before they were officially introduced and liked it so much that I got another. I have the first rod paired with a Steez SV TW with a megabass IS spool. The second I have paired with a Tatula SV. I use these primarily for bottom contact applications for what I call Hillbilly BFS, meaning jigs, tubes, etc, with heads 1/8 to 3/16 ounce.
Do you have this specific model?
Yes I have two 7MMH Ags, a 7-3 MH and a 7 MLin baitcaster and a 7-3 M Howell and a 7-1 Ehrler ags spinning

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat May 19, 2018 2:04 pm

I’ve been using the rod with shakey heads and it’s good at that
I’m going to drop shot with it. More on the heavy side
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 am

Last notes on this setup.
Took the boat out today for a couple hours. I was fishing in 14-20 feet of water.
1/4 jig and I broke a zoom zdrop bait in half for a trailer. The rod had good sensitivity
And on that small tungsten jig I had many bites. I hooked into a large one. It was a minimum
And after a tug of war he broke me off. I read about that on the particular jig I was using.
I probably should have loosen up the drag. But anyways I went to a 1/16 and 1/8 Texas rig
And slayed fish. I Am very happy and excited to try more things with this rod.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible