Jigs: Conquest 904C vs Legend X 7'6" Med Hvy vs Steez SVF AGS 7'6" vs NRX 894C JWR

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Jigs: Conquest 904C vs Legend X 7'6" Med Hvy vs Steez SVF AGS 7'6" vs NRX 894C JWR

Post by DavidSA » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 am

I think you will like your zbone; at least I do. it fishes like a 7ft rod because of the balance and low weight and as I posted is ultra sensitive on the light bite in my hand. My guess is you will think this rod great with a 3/8oz total weight rig.

On the light 1/4oz jig I will normally have a small trailer that actually puts this rig at closer to 3/8oz and I will use a NRX 893. I'd recommend you search for this rod on the board or google it. I think what you find will surprise you. Further, I don't think you will find much info on the other rods you are considering.

on your HE3 7H. Don't own it but bet at times I'd be fishing 5/16 total weight rigs around grass and cover with it. With the right reel (Met MGL for example) I can pretty much fish anything I care to on my 7'3H HE3. By the same token, I think you will find most guys fishing open water with a 1/4oz jig are using Medium power rods. my point is that you will see many differences of opinion and where and how we fish seems to be a key reason if you did down deeper into why someone said something

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Jigs: Conquest 904C vs Legend X 7'6" Med Hvy vs Steez SVF AGS 7'6" vs NRX 894C JWR

Post by freelancer27 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 am

DavidSA wrote:I think you will like your zbone; at least I do. it fishes like a 7ft rod because of the balance and low weight and as I posted is ultra sensitive on the light bite in my hand. My guess is you will think this rod great with a 3/8oz total weight rig.

On the light 1/4oz jig I will normally have a small trailer that actually puts this rig at closer to 3/8oz and I will use a NRX 893. I'd recommend you search for this rod on the board or google it. I think what you find will surprise you. Further, I don't think you will find much info on the other rods you are considering.

on your HE3 7H. Don't own it but bet at times I'd be fishing 5/16 total weight rigs around grass and cover with it. With the right reel (Met MGL for example) I can pretty much fish anything I care to on my 7'3H HE3. By the same token, I think you will find most guys fishing open water with a 1/4oz jig are using Medium power rods. my point is that you will see many differences of opinion and where and how we fish seems to be a key reason if you did down deeper into why someone said something
Cool, great to hear! What reel + Line are u using?

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Met MGL XG - US model if you will be using heavy FC, Japan import works great with braid or lighter FC. I really like the braid though on the Met.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:57 pm

DavidSA wrote:Met MGL XG - US model if you will be using heavy FC, Japan import works great with braid or lighter FC. I really like the braid though on the Met.
I was thinking to pair it with a Steez SV TWS 7:1, 14 pound fluro.