Legend Glass vs. Lunkerstik

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Legend Glass vs. Lunkerstik

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:13 am

I am just curious as I hear a lot of reviews on the Legend Glass series of rods but next to nothing on the Fenwick Lunkerstik. Does anyone have a comparison...I know the price is considerably different but figured I would ask. The 7'3" Lunkerstik looks nice and it's only $80. It's a glass rod (which I haven't used) so how much different could they be? I think the Legend Glass rods are some of the nicest looking rods aesthetically on the market! Thanks and best wishes on the water!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Legend Glass vs. Lunkerstik

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 am

Big-Bass wrote:I am just curious as I hear a lot of reviews on the Legend Glass series of rods but next to nothing on the Fenwick Lunkerstik. Does anyone have a comparison...I know the price is considerably different but figured I would ask. The 7'3" Lunkerstik looks nice and it's only $80. It's a glass rod (which I haven't used) so how much different could they be? I think the Legend Glass rods are some of the nicest looking rods aesthetically on the market! Thanks and best wishes on the water!
Nothing on either of those rod models, but I know St. Croix will definitely take care of you. Fenwick, and especially at $80, I'm not sure...
I figure the components like reel seat and guides are WAY superior for the Legend Glass.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 am

The reel seat on the Lunkerstik is the same one used on the Legend Elite series I believe. It's that newer Fuji style.

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:23 am

Pretty sure the old Fenwick glass rods were E-glass while the newer Fenglass rods are S-glass like the St Croix's.
I'd be curious also, as I still use old custom Lamiglas E-glass and Seeker S-glass rods. I'd really like to know their weights.
I've fished with some glass rods that were quite heavy and cumbersome, while others were not.
I'm always looking for another glass rod to try. Been looking real hard at trying to build a rod on one of the Rodgeeks glass blanks.