Best Bottom Contact Rod From Daiwa nonjdm

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best Bottom Contact Rod From Daiwa nonjdm

Post by jwfflipper14 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:02 pm

I just bought a Compile - X been wanting one for a lllooonnngggg time! It's same model as tested in the review. I enjoy being part of TT but as in any review the results subjective. I do like to see what the guys have to say but it still doesn't sway my decision on what I buy. I've not fished any other super high priced rods and may never but if they are more sensitive than the Complie X I'd be surprised. JMO

Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Guess we can agree on one thing..
Sensitivity is obviously very subjective.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 pm

One has to remember too that no two rods, or for that matter reels, are identical. I have two compile X 7-1 that I find very sensitive. I also have two Tatula elite M/MH AGS rods. The first one I got about a year ago I thought was extremely sensitive, I bought another just before Christmas and it is even more sensitive than the first.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm

daiwafan wrote:One has to remember too that no two rods, or for that matter reels, are identical.

^This^ is the only logical explanation I could come up with also, after I owned the Compile-X. I fished one briefly a year or so after they were introduced and my memory says it was a very sensitive rod. So when one came available through a friend at a great price, I snatched it up right away. That one wasn't nearly as crisp, light or sensitive as I remembered the first one being. So, I figured if the rods seemingly had such a wide variation in the finished product, then it wasn't for me...and I'm a BIG Daiwa fan.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

mhilgtx
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by mhilgtx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
PaBass75 wrote:I loved the lt rods but they're no steez!
Especially for bottom contact..
The steez rods ive fished are, at least in my hands, equivalent to the imx and almost as sensitive as the glx rods they replaced.. And they're much more comfortable and better looking. Tt is prolly the only place I've ever heard complaints about em.. I think thats got more to do with the review here than anything. :talk hand:

I'd disagree with that sentiment. I was disappointed in the sensitivity of the Steez Compile-X Cast 7'1" Hvy. That stick currently retails for $599.99, and that is pretty high for a flagship, bottom-contact rod that has been equated to the IMX line in the sensitivity department.

I really like the rod, but there are several others I'm reaching for first when sensitivity is important.
Wow I have a Tatula I just bought and a Steez on the way I was so impressed with the Tatula. Not sure what you think is so hands down better but maybe I will be disappointed with the Steez.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:45 am

hookfynn wrote:i have both the 7'1" Steez XT and the Tatula Elite 7'1". I use both for bottom contact and like the Tatula elite so much i purchased another one. The proper tip and plenty of backbone. extremely sensitive as well. Used it exclusively at Lake Berryessa last week to catch bass from 5-70ft on jigs from 3/8-3/4 with no problem. Both rods get my vote. But for 179.00, you cant beat the Tatula Elite!

p.s. also doubles as a stellar swim jig rod!!!

Would you recommend the Steez XT (I am looking at the 7'4'' Heavy) as a dedicated Jig rod (regarding sensitivity and balance)?

staten island angler
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by staten island angler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:03 pm

I use to love the original Daiwa Zillion rods!

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:44 pm

lzeil wrote:the steez ags 7'1" mhxf gets my vote, the ags guides give it a unique feel
Love this rod...I own 4 of them

hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hookfynn » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:04 am

freelancer27 wrote:
hookfynn wrote:i have both the 7'1" Steez XT and the Tatula Elite 7'1". I use both for bottom contact and like the Tatula elite so much i purchased another one. The proper tip and plenty of backbone. extremely sensitive as well. Used it exclusively at Lake Berryessa last week to catch bass from 5-70ft on jigs from 3/8-3/4 with no problem. Both rods get my vote. But for 179.00, you cant beat the Tatula Elite!

p.s. also doubles as a stellar swim jig rod!!!

Would you recommend the Steez XT (I am looking at the 7'4'' Heavy) as a dedicated Jig rod (regarding sensitivity and balance)?
yeah i don't see why not. I've used my Steez XT 7'4' frog rod for 1/2-3/4oz jigs, no problem. it has a little softer tip than the XBD Steez frog rod, from what i can tell/feel. also, it definitely lets the fish know you mean business when you set the hook. that's for sure! :D