New Curado Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Curado Rod

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am

I just got in the 1/4-3/4 casting rod medhvy fast 7'2'

I wanted to use it for dropshot but I dont see that right now.. I have a Curado 50e with ktf spool and 10lb floro
I wanted to know if anyone else has this rod..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Curado Rod

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:33 pm

For what its worth the rod isn't bad..

I put a shelf D7 on it and i'll use it for toads as it loads really well. its a super clean build in my humble opinion.
I'll probable put it through some paces when on monday.. its a pretty versatile stick..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 pm

goldrod wrote:For what its worth the rod isn't bad..

I put a shelf D7 on it and i'll use it for toads as it loads really well. its a super clean build in my humble opinion.
I'll probable put it through some paces when on monday.. its a pretty versatile stick..
Can you compare it to a similar Zodias by any chance? weight/balance/action? Been looking at these for the kayak

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Wish we got them here in Australia... god we get very little...

Stradic, Sustain and Curado rods and many more...

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 am

I held the 6'10" mh in store and was very impressed. The feel and build quality were very nice.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

i’m getting on the water with this rod tomorrow and will have a better impression of this stick.
i love the way the guides are and the no glossy blank and although astetically it appears to be a dull stick it is just clean
to me. I’ve never used the zodias rods and i can not speak intelligently on them or compare this stick to it.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 pm

The jury is still out with this rod. I compare it to my gen 1 cumara rod med heavy 7'2"
It seems faster to me than the cumara. Im still trying to discern the sensitivity of it. Its not heavy and seems very balanced with the D7 almost perfect for the reel..

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

I have the 7’2” moderate action for cranking. So far I love the action, and I really like the blank. It fishes comfortably and pairs nice with Curado E. I haven’t loaded a fish on it yet.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Slazmo wrote:Wish we got them here in Australia... god we get very little...

Stradic, Sustain and Curado rods and many more...
Ask your local shop. Mine can get anything imported.