What is the Tatula SV of rods?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What is the Tatula SV of rods?

Post by bronzebacks » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:10 pm

LowRange wrote:Great info eveyone. The Light and Tough looks really interesting. I really like the OG Tatula rods but I have to get a Tat CT CS or Morethan PE to match. Don't know why Daiwa does not match their reels to their rods.

I've always been curious about the current gen Mojo rods but know know anything about them.
The current mojo uses the same sclll graphite as the avid and much lighter than the previous 2 generations

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:18 pm

jte54 wrote:I would look for one of the old LT daiwa rods if you're wanting it to have silver and purple highlights. Also the 7' H action regular bend was and is one the greatest jig rods ever. The newer Daiwa rods are lighter and bit more sensitive but I still reach for my old LT rods and I got both a Tatula and a newer Zillion.
I want that new LT frog rod. I bet that's a killer all around topwater stick. I love the new Zillion rods, too, but the Tatulas are definitely more bang for the buck. If you are concerned about the look of the rod, a new Zillion would be worth a look. They're completely black and silver, and have really interesting thread wrap details. Plus that polished Zaion reel seat looks slick. Lifetime warranty, too.
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm strongly leaning towards a 72H Hyuga to have the poor mans X4 Destruction. Even at 7'2'' it will clear the Javelin's console on a roll cast. The purple on the Hyuga is darker than what I consider "royal purple" and much more similar to Daiwa SLP purple. There is some debate on this. At one point Hedgehog "Royal Purple" was lighter and then became darker. A few pics of Zondas and IS reels on Hyuga rods confirm that "Daiwa SLP Purple" is a close, but not exact, match for the purple on the Hyuga. I've seen current iteration Royal purple on the Hyuga and it does not match at all. Too "pink" in color. I think the Hyuga is a better rod than the tat SV is a reel but the two are close enough in price to warrant some overlap.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

LowRange wrote: A few pics of Zondas and IS reels on Hyuga rods confirm that "Daiwa SLP Purple" is a close, but not exact, match for the purple on the Hyuga. I've seen current iteration Royal purple on the Hyuga and it does not match at all. Too "pink" in color.
I will confirm this, the Daiwa stock Purple on an sv103XS is very very close to the rod's color. I do think the Royal Purple is a nice contrasting color though, and have a mix of colors on mine. If I could manage a picture that didn't suck I would post one.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 am

LowRange wrote:Great info eveyone. The Light and Tough looks really interesting. I really like the OG Tatula rods but I have to get a Tat CT CS or Morethan PE to match. Don't know why Daiwa does not match their reels to their rods.

I've always been curious about the current gen Mojo rods but know know anything about them
The new models with SCIII blanks are getting good reviews. I liked what I read about them enough to buy my first St. Croix rod...a 7' MF Mojo. Unfortunately it got cold after the purchase so I have very little time with it.

I have to agree that Tatula rods are very good for the money. Liked the first one enough to purchase four more. Of course an Orochi XX would be super if you don't mind spending that much. Take a look at the ALX Zolo as well. I splurged on myself this Christmas and bought the Deputy and Toadface. Be a few months before I can try them, but they are nice looking rods. I think they have blue highlights.

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm

I got to see and handle the new powell endurance at the richmond fishing expo yesterday and i was very impressed. They are light and very clean. I think the purple is very close to the .8:1.1 tat. I dont think you will find much better in that price range

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm

new2BC4bass wrote:

I've always been curious about the current gen Mojo rods but know know anything about them
The new models with SCIII blanks are getting good reviews. I liked what I read about them enough to buy my first St. Croix rod...a 7' MF Mojo. Unfortunately it got cold after the purchase so I have very little time with it.

I have to agree that Tatula rods are very good for the money. Liked the first one enough to purchase four more. Of course an Orochi XX would be super if you don't mind spending that much. Take a look at the ALX Zolo as well. I splurged on myself this Christmas and bought the Deputy and Toadface. Be a few months before I can try them, but they are nice looking rods. I think they have blue highlights.
Please post some reviews of the ALX rods once the weather warms up. I’m very curious about them, and those two models specifically. Their Enox series looks reallly nice too.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Don't forget the cronos line of rods either. I have the OG tat and the cronos and the cronos is no joke. Very poison adrena feel to it.