The Megabass Hyuga should be way more popular than what they're.

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

The Megabass Hyuga should be way more popular than what they're.

Post by SSS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 pm

These rods are absolutely amazing for the money. From build quality to sensitivity, really awesome rods. Bet you they would have been much more popular if TT made an official review on them :lol:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: The Megabass Hyuga should be way more popular than what they're.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 am

I don't know. The Pyrofil blanks don't get much love

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:58 am

I have two of the 2 piece models. An ML spinning which I really don't love and a heavy power casting rod that works well. Got them as travel rods and they do a job. I generally dislike the build of japanese spinning rods anyway, but this one is better than many. The blank is dead and has an odd taper though. The cadting rod has a perfectly OK build and as it's a heavy casting rod the sensitivity ypu might want from a light spinning rod isn't as important.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 am

I picked up the heavy casting model a few weeks before ice out and only had a few days to play with it, but so far I am impressed. It casts well with a huge range of lures, from a ~1/2oz frog to a ~2.5oz BBZ Rat. The rat produces a ton of resistance on the retrieve but the rod handles it like a champ, but I can still twitch and walk the frog. Sadly I have caught nothing but a small stocker rainbow on it so far, but I was able to feel the hit and see the tip bend a little when it swiped my S-Waver.

Unless further fishing uncovers hookset issues with single hook swimbaits, I think I am going to be really happy with it. It fills the "short and versatile" nich I was going for very well and with a sv103 on it, becomes a very well balanced and comfortable combo.

Nothing else in the line jumps out at me, the Light power one seems interesting but I don't need are more Regular/Mod Fast finesse rods.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 am

This..........then yes!! OP is correct with statement about stated rod. This thread checks outs.

I have the 6'4" in 2 piece model. It makes happy in my pants :big grin:

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:23 am

I got the 72h from Gary @tackletrap: couldn't be happier. I'm also curious about the other models...but not quite curious enough to pull the trigger. The 72h tho, is a beast of a rod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzLAJ2AWGo

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 am

Tim Kelly wrote:I have two of the 2 piece models. An ML spinning which I really don't love and a heavy power casting rod that works well. Got them as travel rods and they do a job. I generally dislike the build of japanese spinning rods anyway, but this one is better than many. The blank is dead and has an odd taper though. The cadting rod has a perfectly OK build and as it's a heavy casting rod the sensitivity ypu might want from a light spinning rod isn't as important.
By dead blank, do you mean poor sensitivity? If compared to the X7, GLX etc sure, but when compared to rods in the same price range such as the Expride, Zodias Cronos etc i feel like the Hyuga is more sensitive.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:26 am

Sensitivity is of subjective of course but I feel my specimen is plenty sensitive. They are very much underrated IMHO :big grin: I definitely see another one coming down the pipe :laugh1:

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am

I have a few Hyuga and i like the rods too, but the 66ml and 68m are not as sensitive as Expride. For the $ they are much nicer than Levante.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Cristo wrote:Sensitivity is of subjective of course but I feel my specimen is plenty sensitive. They are very much underrated IMHO :big grin: I definitely see another one coming down the pipe :laugh1:
Same here. I was even thinking of getting a 4 piece one, for trout.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 pm

I agree with this. I've fished quite a few Hyuga models and, being at the shop, I've handled a bunch that have come through before being shipped out to customers. These rods are amazing in the $200 price point in general. They have full one piece models, two piece models, and 4 piece models, all of which are available to US customers with warranty through our shop. I still think that the 72H Hyuga is the closest you'll ever find to the legendary X4 Destruction and guys who have taken me up on that challenge tend to agree...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:51 am

Mr. GW as if I needed any more reason :lol: :lol: :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 am

How well does the purple on the Hyuga match the Daiwa SLP purple? Are they the same shade of purple?

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 am

LowRange wrote:How well does the purple on the Hyuga match the Daiwa SLP purple? Are they the same shade of purple?
They do not match, no. SLP is more of a Deep Purple, while the Hyuga is more of a Royal Purple (by hedgehog colors).

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:28 pm

SSS wrote:
LowRange wrote:How well does the purple on the Hyuga match the Daiwa SLP purple? Are they the same shade of purple?
They do not match, no. SLP is more of a Deep Purple, while the Hyuga is more of a Royal Purple (by hedgehog colors).
Thanks