Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
GaterB
Angler
Angler
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 am
Location: SC

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby GaterB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:51 am

Anyone have insight on what the guide train might look like for the new XX?
A fish in the hand is worth two in the brush

User avatar
Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am
Location: The Dusty Basin

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby Cristo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 am

This would be my best guess :big grin:

Image
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

GaterB
Angler
Angler
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 am
Location: SC

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby GaterB » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 am

Cristo wrote:This would be my best guess :big grin:

Image



:lol:
A fish in the hand is worth two in the brush

User avatar
MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby MediumHeavy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:30 am

With the classic coming up soon, I’m sure there will be an ad in a new issue of Bassmaster that someone will take a pic of for us to get a glimpse :)

User avatar
MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby MediumHeavy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:37 pm

I’m also curious if anything else is in the works for 2018 from Megabass in the US.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby M Perry » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:03 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:I’m also curious if anything else is in the works for 2018 from Megabass in the US.


Yes. As per usual I cannot say quite yet other than expect some more new products coming. Gonna be more lure related stuff though. I can however say we have a new frog built for the US market that will be dropping soon. Larger sized built around a killer hook. I have worn out my prototypes....LOL

User avatar
evilcatfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby evilcatfish » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

M Perry wrote: I can however say we have a new frog built for the US market that will be dropping soon. Larger sized built around a killer hook. I have worn out my prototypes....LOL


Well you can at least post a pic of one of these worn out prototypes...right? :D

Speaking of frogs, I'm in the market for a new frog rod and am anxious to see the models in the new XX line. Just hoping I can resist the temptation of others until the XX details come out...

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby M Perry » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:55 pm

We got updated on the new XX rods today in detail. Each change was listed and the reasoning behind it for each model as well as new models. VERY detailed information as to the thought process of the designers etc as well as staff and customer feedback. Its really got me stoked to get mine and get to fishing with them. Initially I thought there was no way you could improve the original XX lineup but as I have learned more and more this past year I am very excited to see the reaction they get when released. I think customers and fans will be happy with the changes and the new additions as well as the pricing. All positive things in my eyes.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby M Perry » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:57 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
M Perry wrote: I can however say we have a new frog built for the US market that will be dropping soon. Larger sized built around a killer hook. I have worn out my prototypes....LOL


Well you can at least post a pic of one of these worn out prototypes...right? :D

Speaking of frogs, I'm in the market for a new frog rod and am anxious to see the models in the new XX line. Just hoping I can resist the temptation of others until the XX details come out...


I will...I have some pix. We actually showed them publicly at some events and shows. I took a couple to a recent show as well. We even had a few of the early protos on display at the Classic last year. Just been tweaking them a bit to get them just right. They are also already listed in the master catalog for 2018.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:02 am

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby Kschultz76 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 pm

M Perry wrote:We got updated on the new XX rods today in detail. Each change was listed and the reasoning behind it for each model as well as new models. VERY detailed information as to the thought process of the designers etc as well as staff and customer feedback. Its really got me stoked to get mine and get to fishing with them. Initially I thought there was no way you could improve the original XX lineup but as I have learned more and more this past year I am very excited to see the reaction they get when released. I think customers and fans will be happy with the changes and the new additions as well as the pricing. All positive things in my eyes.


Please don’t make me sad about the great deal I got on the first generation before they were all gone! :crying: I’m out of room in my rod rack ](*,)

User avatar
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10783
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: TT Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby Cal » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:08 pm

As some of you may or may not know by now, my day job is a photographer... I just shot the full lineup of the new XX rods for Megabass of America to use on their website and other promotional material this week and I can tell you ...

:whistle:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

User avatar
389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby 389Maverick » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:15 am

Pics are already out and about, just gotta look in the right places.
XX prototype pic was even posted here on TT lol.

What has me personally jonsing is that new flat side crank, anyways, carry on.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

User avatar
evilcatfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby evilcatfish » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:35 am

389Maverick wrote:Pics are already out and about, just gotta look in the right places.
XX prototype pic was even posted here on TT lol.

What has me personally jonsing is that new flat side crank, anyways, carry on.


I thought I've been looking in the right places but haven't seen squat haha

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby M Perry » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 am

Cal wrote:As some of you may or may not know by now, my day job is a photographer... I just shot the full lineup of the new XX rods for Megabass of America to use on their website and other promotional material this week and I can tell you ...

:whistle:


Very nice.......!

GaterB
Angler
Angler
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 am
Location: SC

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby GaterB » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:11 am

evilcatfish wrote:
389Maverick wrote:Pics are already out and about, just gotta look in the right places.
XX prototype pic was even posted here on TT lol.

What has me personally jonsing is that new flat side crank, anyways, carry on.


I thought I've been looking in the right places but haven't seen squat haha




Same! :D
A fish in the hand is worth two in the brush


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests