Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by MediumHeavy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:58 am

Did you say pricing? New price point? You guys are killing me! Hahah

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:27 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:Did you say pricing? New price point? You guys are killing me! Hahah
If you were OK with previous pricing then you will probably be just fine with the new lineup pricing............. :big grin:

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:37 pm

M Perry wrote:
MediumHeavy wrote:Did you say pricing? New price point? You guys are killing me! Hahah
If you were OK with previous pricing then you will probably be just fine with the new lineup pricing............. :big grin:

Has the Fuji ecs reel seat been kept in the new lineup? That makes or breaks it for me.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:26 am

Rippin-lips wrote:Has the Fuji ecs reel seat been kept in the new lineup? That makes or breaks it for me.
No sir :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 am

bronzefly wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:Has the Fuji ecs reel seat been kept in the new lineup? That makes or breaks it for me.
Fuji ACS floats my boat [-o<

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:46 am

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
The ACS is my most disliked reel seat of anything I've handled in the modern era of fishing rods :lol: We all have our preferences though!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:30 am

I'm guessing they are using the same seat found on the new destroyers and xxx series...

GaterB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by GaterB » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 am

For me, ACS = Anti Comfort Seat. Everyone is different though! Wouldn’t be enough to sway me from trying a new XX!
A fish in the hand is worth two in the brush

floriduhfish
Angler
Angler

Post by floriduhfish » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 am

yep hate the acs

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 am

evilcatfish wrote:I'm guessing they are using the same seat found on the new destroyers and xxx series...
Please don't let it be the short dagger trigger of the xxx...

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Dang that stinks. Was really hoping to be able to pick up a few of the new xx rods. So far any seat but the ecs I dislike. Guess I’m stuck with the old series then.
reason162 wrote:
evilcatfish wrote:I'm guessing they are using the same seat found on the new destroyers and xxx series...
Please don't let it be the short dagger trigger of the xxx...
That’s what I was worried about. Acs stinks and the seat found on the 16 destroyer with the short trigger is terribly uncomfortable in my opinion. I had to send one back that I bought from Gary for that exact reason. It digs into my finger and just plain hurts. Looks like my bank account is safe.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 pm

bronzefly wrote:
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
The ACS is my most disliked reel seat of anything I've handled in the modern era of fishing rods :lol: We all have our preferences though!

What is the reason for the ACS hate? I have had a rod or two with it and I love it.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Rippin-lips wrote:That’s what I was worried about. Acs stinks and the seat found on the 16 destroyer with the short trigger is terribly uncomfortable in my opinion. I had to send one back that I bought from Gary for that exact reason. It digs into my finger and just plain hurts. Looks like my bank account is safe.
Houndfish wrote:What is the reason for the ACS hate? I have had a rod or two with it and I love it.
Tackle Tour often pulls out polarizing views on tackle. I'm very particular about reel seats. The ACS is the least comfortable, by far, of any commonly used product on the market. Some agree strongly, some disagree strongly, etc. The US Destroyer/XXX reel seat is just fine in my hands and causes me no issues. As simple as it is, the old reliable Fuji ECS is one of those designs that gets the fewest complaints yet the fewest comments on being cutting edge - the old reliable as it may be :lol: I really like ECS too...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:58 pm

bronzefly wrote:Tackle Tour often pulls out polarizing views on tackle. I'm very particular about reel seats. The ACS is the least comfortable, by far, of any commonly used product on the market. Some agree strongly, some disagree strongly, etc. The US Destroyer/XXX reel seat is just fine in my hands and causes me no issues. As simple as it is, the old reliable Fuji ECS is one of those designs that gets the fewest complaints yet the fewest comments on being cutting edge - the old reliable as it may be :lol: I really like ECS too...
Which reel seat is on the jdm xxx? I can't tell one reel seat from another; some are more comfortable in my hands than others BUT the xxx comes with the only reel seat that is literally unusable for me. The trigger stabbed into my finger when I'm doing anything other than just holding the rod!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:27 am