Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by Revofisher » Wed May 09, 2018 11:05 am

got on the water for a few hours with them and the conditions honestly lead to the use of the diablo spec r the most and it is to me anyway a true fast action with the power coming from the 3rd lower end of the blank. I was throwing a 3/8 oz swim jig and boated 4 fish one being a 4 lber. The rod is great for this so i have no doubt in my mind that it will be able to handle tx rigs, jigs, and your single hook applications. I didnt get to use the other two as much but played around with them anyway i can say they are more sensitive than the originals in my hands. They are not U.S Destroyer/ Glx sensitive they they are good nonetheless.

I used to have a bunch of dobyns champ extremes, not the hp but the series before that, and i think these are more sensitive than those for sure. they hit above the champ extremes- below g loomis glx . All this is subjective though because im sure some models will be more sensitive than others. I think my FMJ hangs with or maybe better than some of my new glx rods.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Got my Whipsnake in today, teamed it up with the Steez 17 high speed II, they are meant to be together.
I haven't had a chance to compare power and action between my addermine but just going off of feel its very similar.
So far I like everything about the rod, firs thing I did was seal the cork with U-40

Tokugawa wrote:Anyone have pics of the guide wraps? I have a sweet OG Fuego that might be destined for a Braillist. :-k

The hook hanger is in the perfect spot

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Revofisher wrote:got on the water for a few hours with them and the conditions honestly lead to the use of the diablo spec r the most and it is to me anyway a true fast action with the power coming from the 3rd lower end of the blank. I was throwing a 3/8 oz swim jig and boated 4 fish one being a 4 lber. The rod is great for this so i have no doubt in my mind that it will be able to handle tx rigs, jigs, and your single hook applications. I didnt get to use the other two as much but played around with them anyway i can say they are more sensitive than the originals in my hands. They are not U.S Destroyer/ Glx sensitive they they are good nonetheless.

I used to have a bunch of dobyns champ extremes, not the hp but the series before that, and i think these are more sensitive than those for sure. they hit above the champ extremes- below g loomis glx . All this is subjective though because im sure some models will be more sensitive than others. I think my FMJ hangs with or maybe better than some of my new glx rods.
That's some really solid feedback, thanks man!
Saying these are more sensitive than the originals and right between champ extremes & glx paints a perfect picture of the sensitivity. I've spent a good amount of time using my buddy's 1st gen XX, no doubt I'd be happy with these. Really good to hear about it being true fast action too, with all the talk of 'versatility' in the description I thought it might be more moderate. I have to get to the Tackle trap to check these out!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks! An OG Fuego might be too Xmas-like. :(

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Thanks! An OG Fuego might be too Xmas-like. :(
agreed.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Thu May 10, 2018 7:10 am

The cork looks good in the pics. Looks like MB made improvements in this area compared to the previous gen.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 am

Man, the urge to sell my old-gen XX DropShot and pick up a Whipsnake is getting stronger by the second.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu May 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am

Totally NOT the same. Different green & different amounts of red. [-X

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 am

Tokugawa wrote:Totally NOT the same. Different green & different amounts of red. [-X
Understood...I say that as I have one on a Phase III Bearing Down (similar finish and wrap), and it looks pretty boss. 8-)

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Fri May 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
I think an ito would look pretty sick on one of these actually. All the contrasting colors & textures, the vivid colors combined with the earth tones... I think it'd be a pretty cool party. \:D/

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Fri May 11, 2018 3:32 pm

An Ito looks great on anything. A Fuego...less options.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri May 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Is this an Ito thread :-k ...
. :lol:

fishindad
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishindad » Tue May 15, 2018 8:25 am

Has anyone ordered and fished the Enforcer spin rod yet? I am this close to pulling the trigger but haven't seen or read much online in the way of reviews. My plan is to use it for tubes for smallies - just what the rod is made for so am hoping it's the real deal.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Just buy and try. Only way to live haha