Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
JPS72
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by JPS72 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:40 am

bronzefly wrote:I'll be the first bearer of bad news for many of the pre-order customers out there, specifically regarding one of the most sought after models in the entire new series. The Braillist has officially been delayed by Megabass until "late June" for ALL pre-order customers regardless of where it was purchased. I received the unfortunate news this morning and wanted to let all our customers know, and those who have pre-ordered elsewhere. To the best of my knowledge, all other models are still on schedule for early May.

On the bright side, I'll have the opportunity to fish quite a few models the first part of April and am excited about it. Thanks guys for all the support of Megabass and their outstanding line of products.
Thanks Gary for the update. Looking forward to receiving the Enforcer from you in May!

Joe

NHBull
Angler
Angler

Post by NHBull » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 am

Looks like Fathers Day is going to be a good one this year
Son of "Tun"

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Whipsnake has been pre-ordered.

Hopefully that will go nice with my Steez 17

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Getting close, I hope they actually do get her on may 7th

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Wed May 02, 2018 9:38 am

As of this morning the rods are at the warehouse being sorted and packed for shipment to retailers. Orders will begin leaving daily now.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:37 pm

M Perry wrote:As of this morning the rods are at the warehouse being sorted and packed for shipment to retailers. Orders will begin leaving daily now.
Awesome, thanks =D>

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Thu May 03, 2018 10:11 am

That would be pretty sweet if they get to us by the following weekend. :big grin:

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

scrapiron wrote:That would be pretty sweet if they get to us by the following weekend. :big grin:
Agreed.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 am

Now in stock at some dealers.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:29 pm

I got a tracking number from tackle warehouse today :big grin:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat May 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Congratulations to all, although these aren't my taste I do look forward to hearing all about these rods I'm sure they're going to be extremely nice =D>

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon May 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Anyone have pics of the guide wraps? I have a sweet OG Fuego that might be destined for a Braillist. :-k

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 am

Tokugawa wrote:Anyone have pics of the guide wraps? I have a sweet OG Fuego that might be destined for a Braillist. :-k
From what I have seen in pics, it looks like a dark green wrap, almost like a curado e color.

I will get some pics when mine gets here, it should be here tomorrow.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Tue May 08, 2018 9:19 pm

got 3 of mine today.
1. whipsnake spinning rod, this rod is great going to be a really good dropshot rod or anything in the smaller finesse realm the rod is light and the tip is semi soft but not too soft. reminds me of the addermine with a little less power.

2. Diablo spec R I did not own the previous model but i really love this rod. first impressions are the nice tip action but i can tell it will have power when needed from the bottom end. This rod is going to be really versatile i can see spinnerbaits, keitechs, 3/8 oz jigs, buzzbaits ext. the tag on the rod guide had the name of the rod and had spinnerbaits and lipless baits. for me its more over a single hook rod but i know it would do fine with lipless in thick grass.

3. flat side special. Love this rod as well did not own the last model but fished a friends quite often and it is very well balanced rod and a great tip. its not like a noodle crank rod just messing with it. the moderate action on this rod doesnt shine until the rod comes under load. This will be a great dt 6 rod, jerkbait, popper, 1/4 oz buzzbait and so on.

Have not fished these yet im going to go tomorrow and toss some stuff around build quality on my three are great no crooked guides or anything. The whipsnake does have a small hook keeper at the bottom of the handle the casting rods do not.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 am

Revofisher wrote:got 3 of mine today.
1. whipsnake spinning rod, this rod is great going to be a really good dropshot rod or anything in the smaller finesse realm the rod is light and the tip is semi soft but not too soft. reminds me of the addermine with a little less power.

2. Diablo spec R I did not own the previous model but i really love this rod. first impressions are the nice tip action but i can tell it will have power when needed from the bottom end. This rod is going to be really versatile i can see spinnerbaits, keitechs, 3/8 oz jigs, buzzbaits ext. the tag on the rod guide had the name of the rod and had spinnerbaits and lipless baits. for me its more over a single hook rod but i know it would do fine with lipless in thick grass.

3. flat side special. Love this rod as well did not own the last model but fished a friends quite often and it is very well balanced rod and a great tip. its not like a noodle crank rod just messing with it. the moderate action on this rod doesnt shine until the rod comes under load. This will be a great dt 6 rod, jerkbait, popper, 1/4 oz buzzbait and so on.

Have not fished these yet im going to go tomorrow and toss some stuff around build quality on my three are great no crooked guides or anything. The whipsnake does have a small hook keeper at the bottom of the handle the casting rods do not.
Awesome first impressions man, looking forward to hearing how they fish! Especially keen on the Diablo, hoping it's a true fast action & will be good for jigs & worms/plastics