Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by spookybaits » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 am

M Perry wrote:
Big-Bass wrote:These may destroy the market in the price point :D ...and I hope they do! \:D/
I sure hope so. I cannot get over how visually stunning these rods are. Couple that with the great performance and you have an amazing rod at a great price point.
They sound awesome!
How's the reel seat? I'm guessing you can't say what it is but... is it of the polarizing, like/hate variety, or more along the lines of most people love/like? (I'm trying not to mention them by name :D )

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:25 pm

spookybaits wrote:
M Perry wrote:
Big-Bass wrote:These may destroy the market in the price point :D ...and I hope they do! \:D/
I sure hope so. I cannot get over how visually stunning these rods are. Couple that with the great performance and you have an amazing rod at a great price point.
They sound awesome!
How's the reel seat? I'm guessing you can't say what it is but... is it of the polarizing, like/hate variety, or more along the lines of most people love/like? (I'm trying not to mention them by name :D )
From what’s been the norm for their rods lately, I’d say it’s gping to be the same one you see on the xxx rods. It almost seems like this will be an updated xxx phasing them out and we just have a new xx series which is an improved upon xxx.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:13 pm

I don’t really see the connection to the XXX line, since that whole series are JDM lengths and tapers. I wouldn’t compare any of the USDM lines to the JDM lines, as most are fairly different. The only connection would most likely be the reel seat which is the same as the Destroyer lines. Even if blank materials are similar, I think MB rarely uses the same blanks for different series.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:45 am

Rippin-lips wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
M Perry wrote:
They sound awesome!
From what’s been the norm for their rods lately, I’d say it’s gping to be the same one you see on the xxx rods. It almost seems like this will be an updated xxx phasing them out and we just have a new xx series which is an improved upon xxx.
On page 7 he says:
The casting models will be full cork handle with a different reel seat than on old models.
Are they(the xxx) different from xx? Hard to tell from pics, they look like the same ECS with more cutout on the reel mount. If they are xxx reel seats, I'm not mad at those. Seem like they'd have about the same feel as ECS in hand.
Really, I was just fishing to see if they were gonna be ACS or SK ;) I think I'm good with just about any other seat.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:18 pm

The casting models will be full cork handle with a different reel seat than on old models.
Are they(the xxx) different from xx? Hard to tell from pics, they look like the same ECS with more cutout on the reel mount. If they are xxx reel seats, I'm not mad at those. Seem like they'd have about the same feel as ECS in hand.
Really, I was just fishing to see if they were gonna be ACS or SK ;) I think I'm good with just about any other seat.[/quote]

xxx reel seat it the same as the destroyer. It’s not like an ecs to me. It had very short trigger that is also pretty thin when compared to the ecs. I could not adapt to it, and it was actually very uncomfortable for me with how I hold the rod/reel to fish. They definitely look great with the extra material cut out of it. I’d bet $100 it’s going to be what’s used on the new XX series.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Rippin-lips wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
M Perry wrote:
They sound awesome!
I can assure you the new XX rods will not just be rebadged XXX rods. As someone else has pointed out the actions etc are more JDM centric on the XXX models. With the XX makeover you are gonna get an entirely new blank as I pointed out along with other changes I have discussed.

We are only 2 weeks away from getting to see the whole lineup so many questions will be answered then. Hopefully we can at least post a little sneak peek on TT soon.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Super awesome thank you MPerry!

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 pm

M Perry wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
M Perry wrote:
They sound awesome!
I can assure you the new XX rods will not just be rebadged XXX rods. As someone else has pointed out the actions etc are more JDM centric on the XXX models. With the XX makeover you are gonna get an entirely new blank as I pointed out along with other changes I have discussed.

We are only 2 weeks away from getting to see the whole lineup so many questions will be answered then. Hopefully we can at least post a little sneak peek on TT soon.
I wasn’t meaning a rebadged xxx rod. Maybe what I said could of been worded better. The new XX rods will be taking some styling queues from the xxx rods is more of what I was getting at. Not that they’d be the same tapers ect.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:31 am

So, retailers are dropping the price on the Levante series. Discontinuing them or introducing new versions? Could we be seeing TWO new series from MB this year? Or has the floor of the new XX lineup been lowered to compete in the 200-250 demographic?

Personally, I hope it’s all true!!!! :D

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:19 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:So, retailers are dropping the price on the Levante series. Discontinuing them or introducing new versions? Could we be seeing TWO new series from MB this year? Or has the floor of the new XX lineup been lowered to compete in the 200-250 demographic?

Personally, I hope it’s all true!!!! :D
Strictly a retailer's choice to discount them. Currently nothing is in the works in regards to the Levante Series. In addition it is NOT being discontinued.

As for the XX price point the new series will be priced very similar to first generation.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 am

Here you go...................

https://megabassusa.com/new-orochi-xx-2018/

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:38 am

Sweet thanks Big Homie :big grin:

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 am

Looks just like the xxx. Not very exciting to be honest. MB is struggling lately.
Prime example - the rhodium

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 am

Rippin-lips wrote:Looks just like the xxx. Not very exciting to be honest. MB is struggling lately.
Prime example - the rhodium
There are differences and as more pictures are released you can see them. Two totally different builds as well. The "look" that both share simply puts the offerings of the Orochi series more in line. As I'm sure you know and others know the XX series is catered to the US in terms of actions and so forth. While they may share a few visual componenets these are two totally different series.
I do understand your thoughts and opinions and respect them but I will respectfully disagree about MB struggling. The XX series has been a huge success and the new generation will be as well. People all have different likes and dislikes so its inevitable that some will not be fans of the new look/changes. I think MB understands that and hopefully those that may not be as impressed by this first look will keep an open mind and give one a try when they get a chance before making a final judgement.
Last edited by M Perry on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 am

I like the look, so far from the couple pics shown. I would like to see what the spinning models look like..

That enforcer..... =P~