Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by Cristo » Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm

It is as long as I am wide :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 am

reason162 wrote:
M Perry wrote:Yes. For instance the trigger on the Aklys is longer than trigger on Perfect Pitch.

Okay, this gives me hope. Any chance at a photo comparison of the different triggers?
This is the Aklys is on the right(plastic on handle) and Perfect Pitch on bottom. The PP and DSR both have identical triggers. The Aklys is approx: 3/4" long from bottom of blank to tip of trigger. The PP/DSR is approx: 5/8" in same measurement.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Sat May 26, 2018 7:26 am

Big-Bass wrote:What about the Braillist? Trigger length? Thanks!
All F7 and models share same trigger length. The trigger length corresponds to reel seat needed to the blank diameter. The Braillist will have same trigger length as PP.

Thanks

Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scuba Scott » Sat May 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Not to derail the thread ,but just a quick follow up on warranty from the previous discussions. Both rods are being replaced under warranty after their assessment. I won’t go into great detail but megabass stepped up and has been very good to work with. They have communicated well throughout the entire process. This has been greatly appreciated! Now back to the discussions on the new XX rods!

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:51 pm

Used the whipsnake today at a local river.
I only got 3 small planter rainbows, but I did get a nasty snag and gave the rod a good pull to see how much power it
had, for being a light action rod it has some power and the sensitivity is excellent.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon May 28, 2018 6:46 am

Joking aside very nice come up :big grin:

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Mon May 28, 2018 6:35 pm

got a few hours in with the FSS. seems better balanced and a little more crisp than the previous version.

i threw a 1/2oz red eye lipless and 3/8oz MB Dog XSS. Felt great casting and walking the MB bait. a 1/2 lipless is about as high as i will go with this rod. would not be ideal for lipless in grass which was expected.

with a core 51

edit: was asked some questions via PM thought id share my opinions...
this rod is ideal for shallow cranks and treble hooked topwater. would not be my first choice for single hook moving baits.
i do like it for light/med wire single hook baits in open water. fished a light wire 1/4oz swim jighead with a keitech paddle tail in open water and it was fine. nose hooked (gamakatsu finesse widegap) or t-rigged (gamakatsu ewg) weightless soft jerkbaits (fluke, 4" swim senko) felt nice too.
biggest bass has only been about 2lbs but handled it fine. havent lost a treble hooked fish yet after 5-6 total...

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Scuba Scott wrote:Not to derail the thread ,but just a quick follow up on warranty from the previous discussions. Both rods are being replaced under warranty after their assessment. I won’t go into great detail but megabass stepped up and has been very good to work with. They have communicated well throughout the entire process. This has been greatly appreciated! Now back to the discussions on the new XX rods!

Scuba!

I believe your woes sufficiently to derail this again. The continuing saga of the '16 super destroyer in my hands--we don't mix.

Perhaps this rod just does not work in my hands. Don't think I'll trouble with a second replacement. Onto the new XXs perhaps so I stop contributing to derailing this thread :)
Attachments
IMG_6134.jpg
A sampling of megabass rods (and possibly other brands) that have 100s if not many more hooksets between them in my hands with no issue.
IMG_6134.jpg (30.51 KiB) Viewed 8529 times
IMG_6183.jpg
Warranty replacement SD (plastic still on cork) and second hook set off my dock yielded this (first one resulted in a nice fish):
IMG_6183.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 8529 times

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Thankyou big fruits ,

Your insight helped me a lot in my search for the right rod !

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 pm

anyone use the enforcer for small swimbaits?

in the spring i am pretty much fishing walleyes a good 90% of the time, and this year i started throwing some small swimbaits for them (2.75" rage swimmer, 2.8" fat impact, 3" bps speed shad, etc) with good success. i have been throwing them on my 6'10" mlxf legend elites, and while it works great for the little baits, with 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 ounce jig heads, im going to throw some of the 3.75/3.8's this year for smallies, and this fall for walleyes again, wondering if the enforcer will be good for these baits, both the 2.8 and 3.8. i have a feeling that it will be great.

will also throw some smaller spinnerbaits, perhaps something like a 4.5" smithwick rogue, size 13 husky jerk, other big minnow baits.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Anybody able to compare the power and actions of the new models to the originals? And how is the power and balance on the Braillist?