Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by M Perry » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm

I tend to look at the TT membership as educated buyers for the most part so there is little need for me to come on here and over hype anything. Historically you can see by my posts regarding MB I tend to stick with facts and let the MB quality do the rest of my talking. I want to say openly that early this year when I was advised the XX's were gonna be redesigned I was more than a bit surprised as my own opinion of the current XX lineup is nothing short of great. They still outnumber the other lineups in my boat even though I have access to most any of them.

The XX's just fit the way I like to fish and perform and hold up incredibly well. Many of mine have been used, borrowed, or demo'd by friends, acquaintances, dealers etc and in most cases resulted in that person buying some of their own. Certain models i can easily predict will make fans by someone using them case in point the Perfect Pitch, DSR, Flipping Special, Launcher and Spinnerbait Special especially. They are the gateway models to a life of MB addiction for most..... :lol:

That being said as I learned more and more about the new versions my nervousness subsided as MB did their normal wizardry and addressed feedback from staff, dealers and customers in regards to any changes being made. I still see the incredible XX version just with some changes that will make them even more desirable. The first generation have been a hit and with 5 years or so under its belt it was time for a makeover in a sense. One thing you all know is MB does not change anything simply for the sake of changing. The R&D process on their products is extensive.

The best advice I can give anyone is to simply take advantage of the great deals on the current XX generation because when they are gone that generation is gone. In the meantime start saving them pennies till early next year when the new generation drops. As I am able to release more info I will advise of components etc. on this board. Like I said early on in this post....when the new gen is released you guys will be the final judges on if they are for you or not.

Good fishing and thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for supporting Megabass.
Last edited by M Perry on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carylab
Angler
Angler

Post by Carylab » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Keeping a close eye on this thread. Bought my first MB rod, a XX Extreme Mission from Gary at Tackle Trap about a year ago and have since added a total of 8 various MB rods to my arsenal. Can't wait to see these new offerings.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm excited to see what Megabass will offer in their next generation XX lineup. I currently have 2 Levante, 2 XX, and 1 XXX, I'm sure I will be adding more Megabass rods in the future. In the meantime I took advantage of the great sale and ordered my second XX rod. :D

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 am

I am hoping for a BFS, and large swimbait rod!
Watching closely...
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Well the deals on the current version were too good to pass up. Courtesy of the crew at The Tackle Trap I’ve got the XX Dropshot Rod on its way!

I’m sure whatever is in store with a new generation will be great. But hard to believe it’s gonna be so good to beat the deals on the current gen or make me regret this purchase.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 pm

this!!

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:22 am

The XX rods were great, so an update has big shoes to fill! The Perfect Pitch is/was one of my favorite sticks of all-time, so hopefully there's something in the lineup to compete with it. Curious if the price point will stay the same as well.

I know most people would prefer Megabass to stay in the upper echelon, enthusiast tier, but I'd love for them to come out with a stick in the $150 zone that is worthwhile. The market is flooded with so many unexciting rods in the 100-200 range that it would be nice to see Megabass really knock it outta the park there. Sadly, the Levante just doesn't do it.

djd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by djd » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 am

The more I try other rods, the more I like the XX rods and that includes other MB rods. My all time favorites (MB or other) include.

MB XX Flat Side and Powell Max 706 CB for Jerks, Topwater Poppers , Walking Baits 3/4oz or less.

MB XX Diablo Spec R for Spinnerbaits (Use it for for Chatterbaits, buzzbaits and other stuff as well)

MB XX Extreme Mission for Swim Jigs and Small to Mid soft plastic swimbaits on jig heads. Also an awesome Fluke and Senko Rod. Why do I only have 1 of these now?

MB XX Perfect Pitch great pitching rod, espeically around docks

MB XX Flip

Powell 754 CB Glass .... Great squarebill, mid to deep cranking and chatterbait rod.... Why did I sell these???? :x

theo
Angler
Angler

Post by theo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 am

Rest assured I don't think there will be any disappointment with the new generation. Can't wait for them to release...

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 am

Just speculation, but I bet one of the tweaks to the new xx rods is changing the reel seat to the style found on the new destroyers and xxx series. I could be wrong though of course

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 am

Hoping they keep the full cork with a cork or EVA foregrip.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

MediumHeavy wrote:Hoping they keep the full cork with a cork or EVA foregrip.
X2

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Yes, I am completely on Team Full Cork now, I really really hope they keep that.

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:56 am

Houndfish wrote:Yes, I am completely on Team Full Cork now, I really really hope they keep that.
X3

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 am

TommyG wrote:
Houndfish wrote:Yes, I am completely on Team Full Cork now, I really really hope they keep that.
X3
Apparently, or so the little birdy said, full cork is the word.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour