Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Post by Cristo » Tue May 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Exactly :lol:

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm

fishindad wrote:Has anyone ordered and fished the Enforcer spin rod yet? I am this close to pulling the trigger but haven't seen or read much online in the way of reviews. My plan is to use it for tubes for smallies - just what the rod is made for so am hoping it's the real deal.
This should have been a casting blank. How wonderful would that be??? =P~ =P~

fishindad
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishindad » Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 pm

I would have loved a casting version for sure! But will just have to take a leap and "buy and try", lol

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 am

O really need to get out on Erie. :crying: :crying:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 am

The Enforcer feels excellent in hand. It's not quite as fast an action as I had anticipated, but for guys who fish a lot of big water for small mouth, it's going to be very popular. I plan to do a little night fishing with small jigs this summer to give the Enforcer some time, but my spinning rod demo queue is currently full :lol:

I think one rod that is going to surprise guys is the Aklys. For you true heavy cover flippers and punchers out there, this is without a doubt the best, most neutrally balanced true flipping stick I have handled. It does come at the expense of weight, but I much prefer a better balanced rod for heavy cover flipping/punching. Megabass once again went against the grain in the race to the bottom of the weight game in favor of on the water functionality with this model =D> Come on heavy mats!! 8-)

All of our pre-orders have been filled and shipped. The feedback is starting to roll in already and guys are already adding new models. I look forward to more feedback from customers and from members here! I'll be putting in more time with some of these soon...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

fishindad
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishindad » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks, Gary. I fish a lot of Falcon Caras so I am familiar with mod-fast actions. Never owned a Megabass rod so am half excited (to try one) and half nervous (for my wallet). I fish smallies on St Clair and Erie about half the open water season so I expect the Enforcer would become a main weapon.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm sorry you can never be half excited about Megabass :lol:

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm

fishindad wrote:Thanks, Gary. I fish a lot of Falcon Caras so I am familiar with mod-fast actions. Never owned a Megabass rod so am half excited (to try one) and half nervous (for my wallet). I fish smallies on St Clair and Erie about half the open water season so I expect the Enforcer would become a main weapon.
Be completely excited and thoroughly petrified. :lol:

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Perfect pitch on the way I’ll throw some feedback on it soon going to do some frogging

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:36 am

Cristo wrote:I'm sorry you can never be half excited about Megabass :lol:

:lol:

Cressy
Angler
Angler

Post by Cressy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm

I am in complete shock, I just picked up my Orochi XX Spec R today after work from my local tackle shop and decided to go fishing I have been waiting for months to get it and try it out. When I got my first bite I set the hook and to my complete shock the rod snapped right below the third guide! :shock: :shock: :shock: I only was able to fish with it for less 30 minutes. Does anyone have any experience with the Megabass warranty claims? good or bad?

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Cressy wrote:I am in complete shock, I just picked up my Orochi XX Spec R today after work from my local tackle shop and decided to go fishing I have been waiting for months to get it and try it out. When I got my first bite I set the hook and to my complete shock the rod snapped right below the third guide! :shock: :shock: :shock: I only was able to fish with it for less 30 minutes. Does anyone have any experience with the Megabass warranty claims? good or bad?
Got to the www.megabassusa.com site abd download/complete warranty claim form. Quick and painless. You will have a replacenment quickly. You will be taken care of. Very sorry to hear your troubles.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Sat May 19, 2018 8:51 pm

Got to use the perfect pitch today and what a great rod!! even though it is a tad heavier than some other rods the balance is there and made it a joy to fish caught 6 fish on it today no moby dicks just a 3 lber being the biggest which ate a frog like it had been starving for years. Even though this rod is an extra fast it has a really nice tip which made it a really good caster considering its power and weight capabilities. The tag on the rod has creatures/ frogs for intended use. I have a sv 103 on the rod and it balances nicely with it. I could also see this rod doubling as a football jig rod or maybe a skinny dipper rod in vegetation where braid is needed. The pitching is great with this stick that tip really does some work for you allowing less wrist movement to gain the momentum needed for pitching a bait out. Personally the only think i wish differently about the rod would be the handle if it was just a tad longer, but thats a personal preference. It truly is a great rod especially if you fish any lakes with grass in it.

Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scuba Scott » Sun May 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Cressy wrote:I am in complete shock, I just picked up my Orochi XX Spec R today after work from my local tackle shop and decided to go fishing I have been waiting for months to get it and try it out. When I got my first bite I set the hook and to my complete shock the rod snapped right below the third guide! :shock: :shock: :shock: I only was able to fish with it for less 30 minutes. Does anyone have any experience with the Megabass warranty claims? good or bad?

I had the same experience with my 2018 Diablo. It made it 3 casts and broke on a hook set between the 1st and 2nd guide from the tip. I have also had issues with a pair of 2017 destroyer daemos which lead to the purchase of the new XX. Both destroyers broke between 2nd and 3rd guide from tip. All 3 broke with very little use.

As for warranty, megabass replaced the first daemos under warranty. After the 2nd broke, they said I would fall under the 60% off msrp to replace it. I did not purchase another rod. I opted for the new XX Diablo. After it failed, I contacted them and have shipped both the broken rods back to them for assessment. Warranty for all rods is a tough subject because everyone has their opinions. I have broke 2 rods my entire fishing career until the last 3-4 months in which I broke these last 3. In my opinion, I should not have to pay 40% msrp for a rod that has failed under normal fishing with very little use, plus shipping broken blank back to them.

I will say megabass has been prompt to answer emails and respond to questions. We will see what happens when they receive these rods. I expect they will replace the Diablo and tell me I will need to pay the 40% msrp for the daemos. Unfortunately I have lost confidence in these 2 blanks which are very similar. I’m a megabass fan for sure and from what little time I have spend with the new XX rods, I really like the improvements.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Scuba Scott wrote:

I had the same experience with my 2018 Diablo. It made it 3 casts and broke on a hook set between the 1st and 2nd guide from the tip. I have also had issues with a pair of 2017 destroyer daemos which lead to the purchase of the new XX. Both destroyers broke between 2nd and 3rd guide from tip. All 3 broke with very little use.

As for warranty, megabass replaced the first daemos under warranty. After the 2nd broke, they said I would fall under the 60% off msrp to replace it. I did not purchase another rod. I opted for the new XX Diablo. After it failed, I contacted them and have shipped both the broken rods back to them for assessment. Warranty for all rods is a tough subject because everyone has their opinions. I have broke 2 rods my entire fishing career until the last 3-4 months in which I broke these last 3. In my opinion, I should not have to pay 40% msrp for a rod that has failed under normal fishing with very little use, plus shipping broken blank back to them.

I will say megabass has been prompt to answer emails and respond to questions. We will see what happens when they receive these rods. I expect they will replace the Diablo and tell me I will need to pay the 40% msrp for the daemos. Unfortunately I have lost confidence in these 2 blanks which are very similar. I’m a megabass fan for sure and from what little time I have spend with the new XX rods, I really like the improvements.
This happened to my '16 super destroyer. Open water hook set, previously tested drag set, rod used in rotation with many others, and with stretchy 12 lb mono. I was surprised. Somehow I reeled the fish in. I've broken more rods than I'd like to admit where it was my stupidity. But, this was normal fishing where it should have not failed.

Mr. GW emailed me the warranty form; I sent it in with the broken rod. I had to wait a while for a replacement because it had to be ordered from Japan; that was fine. Then, it accidentally sat around in the US for a while until I emailed a reminder. But hey, they replaced it, so I am happy. The new one is again in rotation, but has not seen enough water for a fair test. There are others I am picking up more often because of what fishing is dictating.
Attachments
IMG_5328.jpg
IMG_5328.jpg (63.43 KiB) Viewed 7616 times