Phenix Recon Rod Weights?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hapi Hooker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Phenix Recon Rod Weights?

Postby Hapi Hooker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Anyone have any rod weights for the Phenix Recon line? I’m thinking about giving one a shot and was wondering how light they are and if they are considered a sensitive rod for the money. Any better options in that price point? Looking for something light and sensitive in the $200 range.

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Phenix Recon Rod Weights?

Postby accodn2ryan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 am

Which recon rod were you looking at?

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby accodn2ryan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 pm

I have a custom 766 which is the 7'6 Heavy Fast action rod that has a full eva foam grip, and it weighs 5.8 ounces. I use it for frogging, jigs, heavier Texas rigs, and some pitching/flipping around light to medium cover.

If you're looking for a lighter rod, I'd suggest the Phenix M1, but they tend to be a little softer than their rating. What do you plan on using the rod for?

PerchHater
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Postby PerchHater » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am

I own a 7'1" Heavy and a 7'4" MH Recon 2. Both are light and sensitive. The heavy has a great soft tip and is a true fast action, while the MH I would say leans more toward moderate fast. I use the heavy for throwing jigs in everything but the nasty stuff. Just doesn't seem to have the backbone for that. The MH is generally used for swimjigs/spinnerbaits/small swimbaits; i.e. keitech's. I cant speak for the new elites, but if they are similar to the 2's, they should be enjoyable rods to fish with.

Return to “Rods”