Alpha Angler Rebound

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Alpha Angler Rebound

Post by hungry_cow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 am

Anyone have experience with the Alpha Angler Rebound? One of the few rods that perfectly matches my TD A.O.I. Wondering how it would compare to the Dobyn's Champion Glass cranking rods that also match.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alpha Angler Rebound

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am

Not sure but the ALX Zolo B series would also be a nice match.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:46 pm

The Rebound is the only rod I will ever use for treble hook baits. I switched over from the Megabass Orochi XX Flatside, and the Dobyns 705CB, 705CB glass, and 705CBMF glass.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 am

Local guy who knows his stuff is making them. Heard only great things, but have yet to get my hands on one to try out.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:16 pm

I checked out a buddies AA and also a few at a local shop. The blanks look an awful lot like NFC. Rods look and feel great. I'd own a few if I wasn't on the custom train.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:04 am

smallies wrote:The Rebound is the only rod I will ever use for treble hook baits. I switched over from the Megabass Orochi XX Flatside, and the Dobyns 705CB, 705CB glass, and 705CBMF glass.
How would you compare the Rebound and the 705 CB glass? Those are the two I am deciding between. I have the 765 CB glass and really like it for big crankbaits and chatterbaits/buzzbaits/and spinnerbaits but is a little to long for closer range target casting. Looking for something to handle these duties that can be maneuvered for closer range as well as distance when im on an open bank.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 am

hungry_cow wrote:
smallies wrote:The Rebound is the only rod I will ever use for treble hook baits. I switched over from the Megabass Orochi XX Flatside, and the Dobyns 705CB, 705CB glass, and 705CBMF glass.
How would you compare the Rebound and the 705 CB glass? Those are the two I am deciding between. I have the 765 CB glass and really like it for big crankbaits and chatterbaits/buzzbaits/and spinnerbaits but is a little to long for closer range target casting. Looking for something to handle these duties that can be maneuvered for closer range as well as distance when im on an open bank.
Responded to your PM. The biggest thing for me is the landing rate. With the Rebound being full S2 glass vs. composite, I landed many more surging open-water smallmouth than I did with the Dobyns.