Spiral x technology

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Spiral x technology

Post by Rodster14 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 am

What are your thoughts on this?

metanium
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Spiral x technology

Post by metanium » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:45 am

I'm guessing it's some part legitimate rod blank technology and some part marketing hype. Daiwa (X-45), Megabass (XX-4-axis carbon wrap from butt to mid-section maximizes structural integrity), and several other manufacturers employs some variation in several of their rods, so there's likely something to it. The claims I've seen range from overall strengthening of the lower section of the blank, to preventing the blank from deforming (i.e from a circular cross-section to an oval-shaped one) which can cause rod torque/twist and lead to a loss in casting accuracy or in sever cases a rod break where the deformation occurs.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 am

I believe it makes the rod more accurate and quicker recovery. I have 6'6 medium expride for jerkbaits and have been very happy with it.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:11 am

Great stuff - I like it on my Poison Glorious rods, I believe Megabass and Daiwa Japan have similar technology.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:00 am

It's legit, when the original Poison Glorious line came out they released a DVD. In the DVD it shows in super slow motion this guy casting a regular blank vs a spiral x and high power x blank. You could clearly see the difference in blank twisting and wobbling on the regular blank. Blanks with spiral x and even just hi power x feel noticeably different in casting from my experience.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:58 pm

It's every were now,on Major Craft MS-X,- “Cross Force Plus”...Progress go's ahead,and it's good!

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm

This just poped up on shimano fb site.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4899500777

nossuc242
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nossuc242 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 am

Differences between Spiral X and all the other X technologies out there/talking points

-Spiral X is patented construction type...not all "X'' constructions are created equal.

-The majority of competitor X constructions are using diagonal layers of sheet material to create their X, rather than carbon tape. This makes them heavier and less sensitive.

-Competitors who are using carbon tape are using it on the outside of the blank/ outside the sheet material, similar to our Hi-Power X construction. This is a reinforcing structure. Spiral-X is a foundation structure.

-In Spiral-X, Carbon "Infinity'' tape is applied as the base layer of the blank without any gaps, directly to the mandrel, this is part of the patent.

-Infinity tape is wrapped all the way from tip to butt, this is part of the patent.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:04 am

Bantam1,
I am a NRX user. I have read the Tackle Tour review that says the new Conquest with the Spiral X technology is "on par" with the NRX in terms of sensitivity. In your opinion, is the Conquest more sensitive?

Chicagoed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Chicagoed » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Rodster14 wrote:Bantam1,
I am a NRX user. I have read the Tackle Tour review that says the new Conquest with the Spiral X technology is "on par" with the NRX in terms of sensitivity. In your opinion, is the Conquest more sensitive?
Rodster14 wrote:Bantam1,
I am interested in this question as well....