Shimano Loomis Conquest rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Loomis Conquest rods

Post by j2015 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:Why can't there be a medium light casting or spinning version????
The CNQ 782C MBR 6' 6" is medium light

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 am

j2015 wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:Why can't there be a medium light casting or spinning version????
It's actually considered a "medium" powered rod. It and it's spinning counterpart feel like they could handle some pretty light duty stuff however.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 pm

bronzefly wrote:
j2015 wrote:
It's actually considered a "medium" powered rod. It and it's spinning counterpart feel like they could handle some pretty light duty stuff however.
yes, ratings aside, just my opinion the 782 seemed like a ml to me..an ml.5 :lol:

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 am

j2015 wrote:I got to handle these rods at a sport show over the weekend, I was very impressed. I am glad I did because now I know that I should get the 4 power instead of the 3 power, the rods are very light
Were you at the Chicago show? I too was really impressed by the Conquests. The 843 seems real nice and definitely stiffer than my 843c NRX. The 904c caught my eye and seemed like a great rod, was surprised to see the 905c could handle up to 3oz.

On a side note, I got to handle the Expride XXH 9', pretty damn light for the length. Would be a great swimbait rod. IMX Pro rods are also very nice and seem to be another step up from the old model. Would have been nice if they kept the MBR tapers within that series, loved my IMX 844 but that has been replaced by the GLX 844.

j2015
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by j2015 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Mike son wrote:
j2015 wrote:I got to handle these rods at a sport show over the weekend, I was very impressed. I am glad I did because now I know that I should get the 4 power instead of the 3 power, the rods are very light
Were you at the Chicago show? I too was really impressed by the Conquests. The 843 seems real nice and definitely stiffer than my 843c NRX. The 904c caught my eye and seemed like a great rod, was surprised to see the 905c could handle up to 3oz.

On a side note, I got to handle the Expride XXH 9', pretty damn light for the length. Would be a great swimbait rod. IMX Pro rods are also very nice and seem to be another step up from the old model. Would have been nice if they kept the MBR tapers within that series, loved my IMX 844 but that has been replaced by the GLX 844.
Yep, the Schaumburg sports show.

It was cool to be able to hold the NRX and Conquests side by side, I am going to get a 844 or 904 soon. Only problem is deciding which one.. I have rods that are close to those powers/lengths already; an nrx 893 and a SuperStallion 7'1"mh...and the conquest will be taking the place of one of those..

Didn't see the 9 foot expride, missed that one.. never held a bass casting rod over 8 ft before, would have liked to.

happywally
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by happywally » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am

hey guys,

i'm eyeing the Conquest 783C
for its specs, 10-17lb, Med Hvy, 1/4-3/4 oz lure weight,
would a Shimano Calcutta Conquest 100 or 200 reel fit better?

cheers

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 pm

happywally wrote:hey guys,

i'm eyeing the Conquest 783C
for its specs, 10-17lb, Med Hvy, 1/4-3/4 oz lure weight,
would a Shimano Calcutta Conquest 100 or 200 reel fit better?

cheers
100 for sure.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

happywally
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by happywally » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 am

why 100 over the 200?
is the 200 too big?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:51 am

happywally wrote:why 100 over the 200?
is the 200 too big?
thatis a short 6'6 mh rod why would you need a 200 size reel? 100 is plenty enough.

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Anyone with significant time with the 905C yet? How does it balance especially compare to the 895c nrx which was worst in the line up. Thanks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:35 am

Rfdong wrote:Anyone with significant time with the 905C yet? How does it balance especially compare to the 895c nrx which was worst in the line up. Thanks
It's not nearly as tip heavy as the NRX 895, but yes, it's still tip heavy to some degree.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:25 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Rfdong wrote:Anyone with significant time with the 905C yet? How does it balance especially compare to the 895c nrx which was worst in the line up. Thanks
It's not nearly as tip heavy as the NRX 895, but yes, it's still tip heavy to some degree.

Gary I think I need a 744 need a ultimate jig rod

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 pm

fishingandfords wrote:
bronzefly wrote:

844 I'm guessing? Yes indeed, it's a great jig rod within it's best range, and highly versatile otherwise. Of course, the details matter, and when you get to the level of Conquest rods, most guys want to be pretty damn detailed :lol: I'm working on fishing and playing around with as many of them as possible to have the knowledge to make accurate recommendations as I always do. It's just really hard to get the 902s paired with the new Stella C3000XG FJ out of my hands right now, but it's warming up... 903, 904, and 905 are getting a lot more love. The 905 with umbrella rigs is awesome, handles the 10XD with ease, and more than sensitive enough for bottom contact with POWER. The 904 handles an 8XD and a 1/2 oz jig - incredible, versatile, sensitive, light. The 903, a Senko, a spinner bait, a lipless crank, vibrating jig, swim jig, and on and on and on. Somebody who wanted to build the most ultimate, ultimately versatile combo with 6 rods and reels or less, could get it done with the new Conquest line and either Shimano or Daiwa reels.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:33 pm

bronzefly wrote:
fishingandfords wrote:
bronzefly wrote:

844 I'm guessing? Yes indeed, it's a great jig rod within it's best range, and highly versatile otherwise. Of course, the details matter, and when you get to the level of Conquest rods, most guys want to be pretty damn detailed :lol: I'm working on fishing and playing around with as many of them as possible to have the knowledge to make accurate recommendations as I always do. It's just really hard to get the 902s paired with the new Stella C3000XG FJ out of my hands right now, but it's warming up... 903, 904, and 905 are getting a lot more love. The 905 with umbrella rigs is awesome, handles the 10XD with ease, and more than sensitive enough for bottom contact with POWER. The 904 handles an 8XD and a 1/2 oz jig - incredible, versatile, sensitive, light. The 903, a Senko, a spinner bait, a lipless crank, vibrating jig, swim jig, and on and on and on. Somebody who wanted to build the most ultimate, ultimately versatile combo with 6 rods and reels or less, could get it done with the new Conquest line and either Shimano or Daiwa reels.
I'd agree with Gary. The Conquest line is versatile. I have the 843c and I can't think of a technique it couldn't be used for. It has a nice, strong backbone bit, with a tip that blends very well into that backbone. It's also super "snappy" on the cast, launching lures noticeably better than the NRX line (not a crazy amount).
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:10 pm

bronzefly wrote:
fishingandfords wrote:
bronzefly wrote:

Yes I meant 844 but all you did it help confuse me more between the 43 , 44 and 905