Phenix Feather

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Phenix Feather

Post by Montanaro » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:22 am

Better for me...i cant afford new rods right now

shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shimanogloomis man » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 am

Anyone have the actions or models there coming out with in this series ?
Shimano and Gloomis just kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc 225

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:13 pm

shimanogloomis man wrote:Anyone have the actions or models there coming out with in this series ?
I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST PICS. PM YOUR NUMBER AND I CAN SEND YOU PICS OF THE CATALOG. OR ANYONE THAT CAN POST PICS ON HERE I CAN SEND THEM RIGHT OVER TO POST ON HERE

darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by darrin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 am

Hey robsone79,

For the saltwater stuff, did you happen to get any specs on the Titan jigging rods? I've tried contacting Phenix but no one has responded.

Thanks

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 am

darrin wrote:Hey robsone79,

For the saltwater stuff, did you happen to get any specs on the Titan jigging rods? I've tried contacting Phenix but no one has responded.

Thanks
pm your number ill take a pic with my phone send it to you.

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:59 am

From robsone's photo: (TT wont allow image)
Casting
6'9" MH xfast 1/4-3/4
7'1" L Fast 1/8-3/8
7'1" ML Fast 1/4-5/8
7'1" MH XF 1/4-3/4
7'1" H XF 1/4-2oz
7'7" MH XF 1/4-3/4
7'7" H XF 1/4-2oz

Spinning
6'9" M F 1/4-5/8
7'1" L F 1/8-3/8
7'1" M F 1/8-3/4
7'1" H XF 1/4-1 3/4
7'7" M F 1/8-3/4

Really disappointed and kind of baffled

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 am

darrin wrote:Hey robsone79,

Thanks
sent pics to you.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:19 am

TW has these in stock now. Look pretty decent.

shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shimanogloomis man » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 am

I just received from Tacklewarehouse a spinning model rod feels awesome in hand with my ci4. Built quality is excellent for the price point can’t find anything wrong. As far as sensitivity don’t know yet winter here in nj . Out of all the rods I have I always liked Phenix probably my top 2 favorite but has Anyone fish these rods yet I want to buy a few more but I don’t want to pull the trigger till I hear more reviews

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:07 am

shimanogloomis man wrote:I just received from Tacklewarehouse a spinning model rod feels awesome in hand with my ci4. Built quality is excellent for the price point can’t find anything wrong. As far as sensitivity don’t know yet winter here in nj . Out of all the rods I have I always liked Phenix probably my top 2 favorite but has Anyone fish these rods yet I want to buy a few more but I don’t want to pull the trigger till I hear more reviews
Is it possible for you to judge your rods power to its rated power?

shimanogloomis man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shimanogloomis man » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:53 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
shimanogloomis man wrote:I just received from Tacklewarehouse a spinning model rod feels awesome in hand with my ci4. Built quality is excellent for the price point can’t find anything wrong. As far as sensitivity don’t know yet winter here in nj . Out of all the rods I have I always liked Phenix probably my top 2 favorite but has Anyone fish these rods yet I want to buy a few more but I don’t want to pull the trigger till I hear more reviews
Is it possible for you to judge your rods power to its rated power?
I got the 7”1 light action to 3/8 oz to me feels a light action rod I got it for Ned rigs feel perfect just the right action imo. This is only rod I purchased so far so I really can’t tell how the others as far as power

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Picked up the 6'9" MH extra fast casting rod for a do it all rod when fishing with friends and I have only been able to use it once but I really like it. I have heard Phenix rods generally fish lighter/softer than their ratings which was what I was hoping for when I ordered and I think that holds true with the Feather series. It is not as stout as some MH rods can be (Kistler, St. Croix, etc.) and is more of a fast action with some good flex. I guess you can say its like a medium plus powered rod or more of a JDM MH. The blank is crisp, reponsive and pretty darn sensitive to me at least and the rod feels super light (didn't weigh it though). Build quality on mine was excellent and looks great in person (to me at least), has a JDM look and feel to it. Used it to toss 110s and small plastics and it handled those great, it can launch the 110. Feels like it can go a bit heavier too but didn't have anything with me to try so the lure ratings seem pretty accurate.When fishing plastics I could feel weeds and everything no problem. One thing that to look out for is the reel seat, might be just me but it can be cramped with some reels. Tried a met and it felt too big, couldn't grip it right, scorpion 70 and it sat too far back and felt wierd, put on an alphas and it feels perfect. I didn't catch anything (of course :lol: ) so I can't really speak to backbone. Hope that helps! Happy with the purchase because it was what I was looking for and so far is a great rod, especially at this price point.

HIfisher
Angler
Angler

Post by HIfisher » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 pm

I owned the 7'1 light for some time now and been picking away at some winter bass with dropshot and ned rigs. I mounted a daiwa alphas air on the rod and balance is perfect. The rod is very sensitive despite the price. After owning a major craft corroza, Jackson bastard, and zodias L all from japan this rod rod is hands down the better feeling rod of the others. For the price it's a winner and I'll be purchasing the M spinning in the future.

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Thinking about getting the light or med light. How does the light fish? Does it feel like a true light action? Have you tried any other applicatons with the light action.

HIfisher
Angler
Angler

Post by HIfisher » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 am

The light is a true light action with more of a moderate fast taper then fast. I fished my dropshot with a 1/8oz weight and 4/6 inch roboworm fatworms and it casted and pitched nicely with the magforce dial set in the middle/just below then a couple clicks up when the wind picked up.. I did switch over to a 3/16oz weight and it threw bombs. The rod loaded nicely and you feel the backbone of the rod do its job on the end of the casting swing. I personally would use this primarily for finesse soft plastics/bottom-contact baits like smaller drop shots, lighter nekos, etc. If i were to go the finesse hardbait route id go with the ML since most smaller hardbaits weigh closer to 1/4oz unless their true BFS baits. Cant go wrong for 140 bucks shipped. Oh by the way the guides are more average sized and since the blank tapers to a thin tip if your not watching your line twist you will end up with alot of tip wraps from slacked or loose line more so then with JP style BFS rods. What i like about the other BFS rods i owned was that they had smaller guides on them that would be the only thing i would change on the rod. For line i used 6lb R18 hard bass and my weights are reigns tungsten 5g with tie onto swivels instead of the traditional clipped DS swivels so line twist isnt an so much of an issue.