New Powell Endurance line coming

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Mnbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Powell Endurance line coming

Post by Mnbasser » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Powell Endurance line coming

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:16 am

Sharp looking rods :D . I wonder if they price point will be around $200ish? I have one of the purple/pinkish colored Endurance rods and love it. Wonder how these compare? I must say I do like the looks and the reel seat.

kadas1
Angler
Angler

Post by kadas1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:58 pm

If they are as nice as the old Endurance it will be a good rod--loved the "old" Endurance rods

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 am

I'm excited. I only had 1 of the older models and I like it a lot. 723c was great. The new models are all listed as sub 4oz

http://www.powellco.com/Endurance-Series-rods

Spinning

Casting

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:03 am

I also have a prior Endurance rod. Looking at the specs and price plus looks I like what I am seeing. Really think I will be adding one of these. It would be hard to envision a better sub $150 rod if they perform as good as they sound and have the balance and feel to go along with their weights.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:23 pm

An 8ft sub 4 oz. flipping stick!!! I'm in !!!

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Upon further inspection it looks they are using the generic ECS reel seats.... Crap !!! Can't rod Companies just spend a cpl extra bucks and use the real thing ? Heck even Duckett Went back to using genuine Fugi ECS reel seats.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:the balance
That's one thing I really liked about the 723, it balanced well with so many of my reels. I finally left a Megabass Zonda on it since they share a similar color scheme. The one thing I didn't like was the exposed threads on the reel seat, which can be rough on the fingers depending how you hold your reel. Mine had a particularly annoying feel from the groove the way certain reels were shaped and I gripped them. All good now tho.
Last edited by _diggy_ on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:25 pm

barrys wrote:Upon further inspection it looks they are using the generic ECS reel seats.... Crap !!! Can't rod Companies just spend a cpl extra bucks and use the real thing ? Heck even Duckett Went back to using genuine Fugi ECS reel seats.

anyone know what seat was on the 3D? My 3D's are fine but boring looking rods that just worked but I notice something about the reel seat is not comfortable to me if pitching them all day. Never had the issue on the old Endurance or original max lines. Seats look similar but something about the trigger finger does not appear the same.

Only time will tell on this rod. I once thought for the cost that all the Powell Rods I've used are near top of the pile in terms of value.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:47 pm

DavidSA wrote:
barrys wrote:Upon further inspection it looks they are using the generic ECS reel seats.... Crap !!! Can't rod Companies just spend a cpl extra bucks and use the real thing ? Heck even Duckett Went back to using genuine Fugi ECS reel seats.

anyone know what seat was on the 3D? My 3D's are fine but boring looking rods that just worked but I notice something about the reel seat is not comfortable to me if pitching them all day. Never had the issue on the old Endurance or original max lines. Seats look similar but something about the trigger finger does not appear the same.

Only time will tell on this rod. I once thought for the cost that all the Powell Rods I've used are near top of the pile in terms of value.
The 3D rods have the SKS seats. They hurt my hand, too. And I never felt like I had a good, firm grip with that seat. Of course, I dont care for any split reel seat., even the NRX.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

chreim20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by chreim20 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Both spinning and casting models have Fuji reel seats, that's straight from the owner's mouth, Bryan Thrift.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Good deal maybe I was looking at them the wrong way. The trigger looked a little thicker which resembles the pac bay real seats and they aren’t as comfortable in my hands anyway I stand corrected and I’m definitely interested now. I have the previous endurance model 775 I think it is and it’s a great rod.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:08 am

I think I might have to pick up a 733c. I just LOVED the original Powell Max 733c...it just felt right!

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 am

godshippy wrote:I think I might have to pick up a 733c. I just LOVED the original Powell Max 733c...it just felt right!
That is my favorite spinnerbait rod!

nossuc242
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nossuc242 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 am

That's some crazy weights for these rods if it's true. Balance will probably suffer, usually does for lighter rods. Not to concern as I can counter balance to my preference and the rod doesn't need to be held up on every rig.