GLX vs Legend Elite

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

GLX vs Legend Elite

Post by spookybaits » Mon May 08, 2017 8:02 am

New GLX vs the new St. Croix Legend Elites- which one gets the nod for being more sensitive?

I'm comparing 7' MH fast rods, shopping for a jig & worm rod. Looking at the GLX mbr 843c & the Legend Elite EC70MHF.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: GLX vs Legend Elite

Post by Randingo » Mon May 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Can't answer the sensitivity question, but unless the new generation glx is totally different than all previous generations, the St Croix MH is much closer to the 844 in power.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue May 09, 2017 1:59 am

Randingo wrote:Can't answer the sensitivity question, but unless the new generation glx is totally different than all previous generations, the St Croix MH is much closer to the 844 in power.
Agreed. If you go loomis a 4power is what you want.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 am

Randingo wrote:Can't answer the sensitivity question, but unless the new generation glx is totally different than all previous generations, the St Croix MH is much closer to the 844 in power.
Correct. The Loomis is more comfortable in my hands, 843 or 844. I've fished the 71MH-XF Croix LE and it's a VERY nice, light, sensitive rod. I'm not a huge fan of the reel seat however, but that's personal preference of course. Depending on the size of jigs and worms you plan to throw, and the cover you'll be fishing, the MBR 844 GLX may be a better option if you decide to go Loomis. If you decide to go St. Croix, the 71MH-XF is a really nice jig/worm rod too.

Sensitivity is subjective, but there isn't much difference between these two series in my hands. I found the 71MH-XF Croix to be very crisp, very sensitive as well. The same goes for the newest MBR GLX rods, though the taper is a bit slower on them compared to the Croix. I have not fished the 7MH-F Croix however.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 am

The 7'mh fast is my favorite jig rod and I also have the newer 7'1 MH XF which is a sweet stick but for 3/8 to 1/2 jigs I prefer the 7 fast The extra fast just feels over loaded a little

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Wed May 10, 2017 10:10 am

Not sure how much this will help but i have a 2016 7" LE M/F spinning rod that i traded for a broken LES 6'8"XF (i should have got same rod!) that does not seem quite as sensitive as my old GLX spinning rods (they are XF however) and I hear the new GLX are more sensitive overall. Im telling you though, theres something about those recoils...