Gloomis wild card program?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Gloomis34
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Gloomis wild card program?

Post by Gloomis34 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 am

Does anyone know if that program started back up?? I see it's on there website and I'm hoping it did.

Shimano man
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Gloomis wild card program?

Post by Shimano man » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 am

Out of curiosity, where on the G Loomis site did you see this? I can't find it anywhere?

Gloomis34
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Gloomis34 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:26 pm

When you open the tap you go to services and it shows the wild card program

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 am

Hmmm...I'm like ShimanoMan, I can't find this at all (I can't even find the "Service" tab you are referring to).

Gloomis34
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Gloomis34 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:23 am

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 am

That's the weirdest thing. I can open the link you sent, but if I try to work my way to that page through the current website, I can't get there. I'm not a web guy, so I don't know how it works, but maybe that is an old page that they never officially deleted, but effectively rendered useless as you can't get there (without a direct link).

I'm pretty sure this program went away quite a few years ago. I have a lot of Wild Cards from when the program was active and from my understanding, they'll still honor those, but haven't issued a Wild card in a while.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 am

Lucky Craft Man wrote:That's the weirdest thing. I can open the link you sent, but if I try to work my way to that page through the current website, I can't get there. I'm not a web guy, so I don't know how it works, but maybe that is an old page that they never officially deleted, but effectively rendered useless as you can't get there (without a direct link).

I'm pretty sure this program went away quite a few years ago. I have a lot of Wild Cards from when the program was active and from my understanding, they'll still honor those, but haven't issued a Wild card in a while.
I can't find it on my desktop computer but the link can be found on my phone. I'm thinking the mobile version of the website hasn't been updated in awhile. On your phone, once you select "Conventional" from the homepage, the link is in the drop down menu on the top right. It is under "Service" > "Wild Card Registration".

On my desktop, I can't see the links for "Service" nor "Catalog", both of which can be found on the mobile version of the website.

JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JigginOG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:03 am

I never had success in the past my wild card anyway. No retailers acknowledged the program. Not even the certified Loomis dealers or the big box stores. I was told that I'd have to deal with Loomis directly. Meaning I'd pay out of pocket to ship it out to Loomis, but that's just me using the warranty right? I called Loomis and the rep had to look it up. ](*,)
Has anyone had any success?
My apologies for getting off topic.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:31 pm

My understanding is that if you got the certified wild card they have to acknowledge it and give you a replacement. Loomis did away with the wild cards in 2014 (somewhere around june that year i believe) as I recall getting a letter in the mail from them in regards to them discontinuing that service. Again, if you have a wild card in your possession they should be honoring it!!