Combat Stick

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Combat Stick

Post by JWR075 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 am

Alright who's getting one? Interested in how these perform.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Evergree ... -COMX.html

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Combat Stick

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Also interested, Looks like a good daily beater type of rod you wont feel bad for scuffing up.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:59 pm

The Tackle Trap will have these new rods in stock pretty soon. I'm interested in trying out a couple of these myself though personally I'm not a fan of that reel seat...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:20 am

Not a huge fan of the camo but they are definitely intriguing, would love some more detailed info. I've been considering the new Destroyers but this is a little more realistic, at least for my wallet that is lol

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 am

I was at the classic and Daiwa had them in their booth and they feel great!! Light well balanced clean build and I wouldn't consider them a daily beater rod.
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:33 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap will have these new rods in stock pretty soon. I'm interested in trying out a couple of these myself though personally I'm not a fan of that reel seat...
Any idea on specs or whatnot? I'm a fan of Evergreen products.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:03 am

Im not crazy about the camo color. But i just watched a TW blog with hite & he paired it with the steez A and the combo looked pretty hot. All rods come with a custom rod sleeve and a $199 price point. He designed the 7'3 heavy rod for chatterbaits. So I'll say its the ultimate chatterbait rod. Too bad the metanium mgl wouldn't look so good on that camo. Nevertheless, im sure ill own one

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:17 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap will have these new rods in stock pretty soon. I'm interested in trying out a couple of these myself though personally I'm not a fan of that reel seat...
Any idea what kind of warranty they'll have?

If the warranty is anything close to what Megabass rods have, I'm in for a spinning model. I'll probably dislike the casting models due to the reel seats.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:36 am

Some interesting lure ratings, 3/8-1 1/2oz for a Medium power rod with Xfast action.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 am

Obz wrote:Some interesting lure ratings, 3/8-1 1/2oz for a Medium power rod with Xfast action.
I suspect the ratings on TW might not be entirely accurate (its happened before)

Anyway, I did email Daiwa USA (they are handling the distribution) and was told they are still getting all the spec sheets compiled and that the rods won't be out until May. He said to follow up in a few weeks if I like.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:42 am

ogrich31 wrote:
Any idea what kind of warranty they'll have?

If the warranty is anything close to what Megabass rods have, I'm in for a spinning model. I'll probably dislike the casting models due to the reel seats.
I'm still waiting on the details regarding warranty, etc. As soon as there is more concrete information on the series, they will be up on The Tackle Trap website. I agree, I'm not a fan of that reel seat, but I'll give the blanks a shot just to see how they feel. I've had JDM Evergreen rods for a very long time from various series, so it will be interesting to see these rods in person and on the water.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm looking up grip-wrap options to cover that camo EVA...why do they do this to us? :)

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:33 pm

I might be in the minority here, but I kinda like that camo eva grip... It's a change from the all black cookie-cutter rods we have today IMO.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

i'm not really a camo fan, but i think the rods look pretty killer! interesting to see how these perform. the price is great

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:41 pm

The camo and the reel seats are turn offs for me...but it's pretty sweet to see these available over here. Hoping it's the beginning of more things to come...nevertheless, I'm excited to hear how these perform at their price point.