First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Or another 3 power ala JDM \:D/

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 pm

And.....I would also like to add that since I don't do the eggs to the beaters I would even love to see even lower powered and longer rods reserved generally for spin rigs. Of course I hope Megabass takes my needs into consideration :lol: :lol: :lol:

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 pm

I hope they come out with another "Super Eiger." 8-)
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:48 pm

TTers unite!! Let us please continue the votes :big grin: Maybe they listen if not for 2018 of course, but for future series/models 2019 anyone? I will just politely toss my hat in for prototype testing in the future O:) ....strictly for research purposes of course 8-) Man long night of wishful yammering.....goodnight TT

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 pm

What does Daemos mean?

I'm thinking about ordering this rod but what power would it be considered if it was a Gloomis? 3 power MH?

I wish Megabass would make a F4 Destroyer casting rod.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 pm

I got the fmj when it first came out and really loved that rod for jigs and creature style baits especially pitching its works so well for that. I just recently received the javelin and really like this rod i put a daiwa sv 103 on the rod. First off i thought the rod would be more soft as most crank bait rods are or should i say rods designed for treble baits, but its action is quite unique almost a fast tip but not quite there. Im going to get on the water tomorrow and throw some baits with it on norris lake which has very little to no grass just deep and clear. This rod will shine there i can already tell. Im going to throw blade baits, small keitech with thin wire hook, and some 3/8 oz jigs. Just from feeling the rod out i think it can handle those great at the same time being a great senko rod!! i really feel like its going to be very versatile.

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote: What does Daemos mean?
beware. do not speak its name.
BRONZEBACK32 wrote: I'm thinking about ordering this rod but what power would it be considered if it was a Gloomis? 3 power MH?
id say almost 3.5 compared to my nrx843. to me its the ideal t-rig rod, cover permitting.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Revofisher wrote:I got the fmj when it first came out and really loved that rod for jigs and creature style baits especially pitching its works so well for that. I just recently received the javelin and really like this rod i put a daiwa sv 103 on the rod. First off i thought the rod would be more soft as most crank bait rods are or should i say rods designed for treble baits, but its action is quite unique almost a fast tip but not quite there. Im going to get on the water tomorrow and throw some baits with it on norris lake which has very little to no grass just deep and clear. This rod will shine there i can already tell. Im going to throw blade baits, small keitech with thin wire hook, and some 3/8 oz jigs. Just from feeling the rod out i think it can handle those great at the same time being a great senko rod!! i really feel like its going to be very versatile.

Please give us a report. I'm very interested in this rod. Supposedly shares similar unique characteristics with the Nautilus, which is a rod I love!

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 am

Getting out on the water for the day i got to throw around some different baits with the javelin. One thing i am sure of in my case anyhow the rod makes a great blade bait rod! The tip lets you cast a mile and you can still feel the blade bait vibrating very easily. I caught one smallmouth on the blade and then i could tell the rod is a moderate fast it just takes some weight to really get it to that point. I tossed several different crankbaits to test the rods capability as a treble hook rod and it was great. I really like the way it fishes vibrating cranks like the rattle trap and so on. The rod handled everything great in the crank realm especially dt 10s. I do not see myself throwing super deep divers on the Javelin though i know it could handle them fine if need be. The Javelin also made a great keitech rod in 1/4 - 3/8 oz light wire hook jig heads. I ended up catching a largie on the swimbait and really liked the way it handled the fishing which weighed about 3 lbs. I could see it being good for finesse swim jigs with a light wire hook , and a variety of other baits, The one thing i noticed when getting the rod before fishing it was how stiff it felt almost as if it was a jig rod, but once you put a bait on and start casting you really see the rods action. Overall im very impressed with this rod and its versatility i have never owned the nautilus but this rod is unique in a very good way I really dont see anyone disliking this rod you will be able to find some use for it without a doubt.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 pm

You do TT a great service, thank you very much for the write-up as per my hunch it sounds like an awesome rod :lol:

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Revofisher wrote:Getting out on the water for the day i got to throw around some different baits with the javelin. One thing i am sure of in my case anyhow the rod makes a great blade bait rod! The tip lets you cast a mile and you can still feel the blade bait vibrating very easily. I caught one smallmouth on the blade and then i could tell the rod is a moderate fast it just takes some weight to really get it to that point. I tossed several different crankbaits to test the rods capability as a treble hook rod and it was great. I really like the way it fishes vibrating cranks like the rattle trap and so on. The rod handled everything great in the crank realm especially dt 10s. I do not see myself throwing super deep divers on the Javelin though i know it could handle them fine if need be. The Javelin also made a great keitech rod in 1/4 - 3/8 oz light wire hook jig heads. I ended up catching a largie on the swimbait and really liked the way it handled the fishing which weighed about 3 lbs. I could see it being good for finesse swim jigs with a light wire hook , and a variety of other baits, The one thing i noticed when getting the rod before fishing it was how stiff it felt almost as if it was a jig rod, but once you put a bait on and start casting you really see the rods action. Overall im very impressed with this rod and its versatility i have never owned the nautilus but this rod is unique in a very good way I really dont see anyone disliking this rod you will be able to find some use for it without a doubt.
Thank you for the review. The Javelin sounds like a great rod!

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 am

I've tried 1oz 20ft diving cranks on the Javelin and the rod handles it just fine. I feel it's half power beefier than Nautilus when on load.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 am

Bass1980 wrote:I've tried 1oz 20ft diving cranks on the Javelin and the rod handles it just fine. I feel it's half power beefier than Nautilus when on load.
Cool! Thanks for the input.

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:50 pm

bronzefly wrote:A couple of quick balance point photos. The balance of the Onager is very impressive for a big bait rod. It feels surprisingly light in hand!

Onager Z2020HS

Warhammer Z2020HS
bassm1n wrote:Anticipation is killing me after adding a One Ten and Valdiva to my original Javelin order. Time to go fishing this weekend!!!!
Heck of a trio Tim! I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on them, thank you!
Hello Gary, any chance of posting the Warhammer balance point photo again? The photobucket pics are gone. Thanks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:23 am

Rfdong wrote:
Hello Gary, any chance of posting the Warhammer balance point photo again? The photobucket pics are gone. Thanks
Curses to photo bucket! :lol: I tried to retrieve the photos, no luck. Email me at thetackletrap at gmail dot com and I'll work on getting you a pic as soon as I can...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap