First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by Bass1980 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:36 pm

7'1-7'2 MH or H, fast, please. [-o<

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:56 pm

dirtygeary wrote:
shimanogloomis man wrote:And the priceeee issss???????
My thoughts exactly
Right in this th-READ
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Bass1980 wrote:7'1-7'2 MH or H, fast, please. [-o<
You have two options. One of the new rods is a highly versatile 72MH, not extremely fast tapered, but fast enough and sensitive enough for single hook bottom contact without a doubt, among many other uses. Another is a 71H designed as a jig stick and it's sweet too =D>
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:08 pm

at first glance, these don't seem to be technique specific but i'd rather not jump to any conclusions until actual specs r posted

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Chode wrote:at first glance, these don't seem to be technique specific but i'd rather not jump to any conclusions until actual specs r posted
They were designed with specific applications in mind, however, in my limited time on the water with them, they will work nicely for things outside of those specific applications.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 am

Do you have a table with specs for a new 2017 Destroyer series?

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:19 am

Was at TTT week and looked at one, it was a beautiful rod.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:04 am

Cracker wrote:Do you have a table with specs for a new 2017 Destroyer series?
I have the specs, yes. I can not post them at this time however. Not sure why the spec sheets for the XXX rods would be posted in this thread however :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:32 am

bronzefly wrote:
Cracker wrote:Do you have a table with specs for a new 2017 Destroyer series?
I have the specs, yes. I can not post them at this time however. Not sure why the spec sheets for the XXX rods would be posted in this thread however :lol:

This is just an example. Wish Megabass would create a spec sheet like that for all series of rods they make.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 am

bronzefly wrote:Here are a couple of quick photos guys... They look and feel great! $399 US pricing :big grin: As far as a comparison to XXX, I haven't fished them, but I have the 2017 US Destroyers, and my Megabass experience tells me that the US rods will be FAR superior across the board.
With my microscope, I see that the 3rd one from the top in the first picture starts with F4...Wondering if that's the one that has the TD-Ito w/the Little Jon tied on in the second picture :whistle: :D

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:37 am

papabassin wrote:
bronzefly wrote:Here are a couple of quick photos guys... They look and feel great! $399 US pricing :big grin: As far as a comparison to XXX, I haven't fished them, but I have the 2017 US Destroyers, and my Megabass experience tells me that the US rods will be FAR superior across the board.
With my microscope, I see that the 3rd one from the top in the first picture starts with F4...Wondering if that's the one that has the TD-Ito w/the Little Jon tied on in the second picture :whistle: :D
Good eye you're correct, that's the Oneten Special, and it does handle a Vision 110 very nicely as you'd expect given it's name... and the Spro LJ, and a bunch of other treble moving baits :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:03 am

Gary how do the sv 103s balance on the new destroyer rods? ive got a few reels that need rods!!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Revofisher wrote:Gary how do the sv 103s balance on the new destroyer rods? ive got a few reels that need rods!!
I fished the SV103 on the 7'1" Heavy jig stick and the 7'6" heavy frog stick, that felt more like a jig stick, and the SV103 felt right at home on both. I had the Z200H on the punching rod and really liked how it felt on there too, but I think the SV103 or an original Zillion would be a good choice for that rod too. On the lighter end, the one ten rod felt great with the Ito 103 or any Steez/TDZ/IS variant, even an Alphas/Sol/Pixy variant would be nice. On the heavier end, the F10 rod would likely benefit from a true big bait reel.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:24 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Revofisher wrote:Gary how do the sv 103s balance on the new destroyer rods? ive got a few reels that need rods!!
I fished the SV103 on the 7'1" Heavy jig stick and the 7'6" heavy frog stick, that felt more like a jig stick, and the SV103 felt right at home on both. I had the Z200H on the punching rod and really liked how it felt on there too, but I think the SV103 or an original Zillion would be a good choice for that rod too. On the lighter end, the one ten rod felt great with the Ito 103 or any Steez/TDZ/IS variant, even an Alphas/Sol/Pixy variant would be nice. On the heavier end, the F10 rod would likely benefit from a true big bait reel.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.92 KiB) Viewed 7167 times

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am

That's the first MB rod that I like the look/design of. When they will allow you Gary please give some weights on the rods