First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by M Perry » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:38 am

zodiak311 wrote:Anyone have any experiences and thoughts on the Onager?

TT just posted a great write up about the Onager. Very well done.

http://tackletour.com/reviewmbdestroyeronager.html

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Man, i am really on the fence about ordering the Addermine and sticking my Certate 2510RPE on it. But.....I.. don't.....need...anymore....rods.....

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:58 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jmd_143
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jmd_143 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:32 am

Pen3 wrote:Man, i am really on the fence about ordering the Addermine and sticking my Certate 2510RPE on it. But.....I.. don't.....need...anymore....rods.....
The addermine is one awesome stick...

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

Pen3 wrote:Man, i am really on the fence about ordering the Addermine and sticking my Certate 2510RPE on it. But.....I.. don't.....need...anymore....rods.....
The Addermine is one bada$$ stick and for that reason alone you need one.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:35 am

Could please pull a measurement off of their Addermine for me? I'd love to know the distance between the front of a reel stem to the rear of the butt. Right now I have an a Orochi xx drop shot rod and I find that with a "hand in front of the real stem" grip, the long but section gets snagged on my jacket and such. I'm thinking about picking up an Addermine to replace the XX if it seems like it will be more ergonomically suitable.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Houndfish wrote:Could please pull a measurement off of their Addermine for me? I'd love to know the distance between the front of a reel stem to the rear of the butt. Right now I have an a Orochi xx drop shot rod and I find that with a "hand in front of the real stem" grip, the long but section gets snagged on my jacket and such. I'm thinking about picking up an Addermine to replace the XX if it seems like it will be more ergonomically suitable.
The Addermine is in stock at The Tackle Trap - call the shop tomorrow, be happy to offer measurements as you like over the phone. However, some of the "C" designed reels have a deeper setting stem than others, so that measurement will be different with different reels attached. All of the 1st generation XX Drop Shot rods are gone, so you'll need to measure the specifics on that one yourself. 256 281 6160, thank you!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:17 pm

bronzefly wrote: The Addermine is in stock at The Tackle Trap - call the shop tomorrow, be happy to offer measurements as you like over the phone. However, some of the "C" designed reels have a deeper setting stem than others, so that measurement will be different with different reels attached. All of the 1st generation XX Drop Shot rods are gone, so you'll need to measure the specifics on that one yourself. 256 281 6160, thank you!
Thanks! I will give you a call tomorrow. The reel I am using is a 2500 Ci4+. On a XX Drop shot, it is 11.25" from the front of the stem to the butt. My idea is around 9", which I have a pair of customs built to. I suspect that most factory rods will be longer, but I feel like the XX DS is unusually long.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks! I will give you a call tomorrow. The reel I am using is a 2500 Ci4+. On a XX Drop shot, it is 11.25" from the front of the stem to the butt. My idea is around 9", which I have a pair of customs built to. I suspect that most factory rods will be longer, but I feel like the XX DS is unusually long.
Based on very limited time off the water with the Dropshot rod my experience is the Addermine is more powerful and faster than the XX Dropshot. But it’s a sweet rod and there’s really no reason not to own both :) !

With the most recent 2500CI4+ mounted that measurement on the Addermine is 10 5/8”. Hope that helps. The handle on the Dropshot is great but I like the grip and handle on the Addermine better.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Kschultz76 wrote: Based on very limited time off the water with the Dropshot rod my experience is the Addermine is more powerful and faster than the XX Dropshot. But it’s a sweet rod and there’s really no reason not to own both :) !

With the most recent 2500CI4+ mounted that measurement on the Addermine is 10 5/8”. Hope that helps. The handle on the Dropshot is great but I like the grip and handle on the Addermine better.
That does help, thanks!

I like the XX DS a great deal, as a drop shot rod. But I find it cumbersome to fish other presentations with, so I am kinda looking at the Addermine as a more versatile rod that still (I assume?) should work very well as a "cast and drag" DS rod.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Houndfish wrote:
Kschultz76 wrote: Based on very limited time off the water with the Dropshot rod my experience is the Addermine is more powerful and faster than the XX Dropshot. But it’s a sweet rod and there’s really no reason not to own both :) !

That does help, thanks!

I like the XX DS a great deal, as a drop shot rod. But I find it cumbersome to fish other presentations with, so I am kinda looking at the Addermine as a more versatile rod that still (I assume?) should work very well as a "cast and drag" DS rod.
Addermine is a great versatile stick, and is much more then a dedicated light drop shot rod. I think it will be good for shakeyheads, weightless senkos and other light plastics, heavier drop shot rigs, top water, jerkbaits, small cranks. I’ve only had mine since middle of last year and just didn’t get enough time on the water with it. Most of what I did with it was heavier drop shot, weightless senkos, and I tried some topwater too.

Glad to hear you like the XX DS so much I’m looking forward to getting out with it this year. I just got it in November so haven’t been able to fish it.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Will there be any new USA Destroyer models added this year? Or will the lineup stay the same?

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Tigerbass wrote:Will there be any new USA Destroyer models added this year? Or will the lineup stay the same?
i'd love to see a 4 power treble hook rod around 7'3" and a small swimbait rod.

in this old video they mention more models to come at 0:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... eB42razu8U

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 pm

I would love to see a F3.5 megabass casting rod.

Think Addermine but casting....

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:29 pm

+1000 on a 3.5 power casting stick. Get out out of here with that eggbeater business, with all do respect =P~