First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by Hennessy » Thu May 04, 2017 8:06 am

FWIW, wired2fish did a review on the FMJ & raved on it being a excellent jig rod. Too bad im stuck with my nrx rods for bottom contact baits. Hopefully they'll be some reviews on the Daemos from people using it for chatterbaits/spinnerbaits. They did say the biggest fish caught on the FMJ was a 6lber in cover on a chatterbait but the Daemos would make a better swim jig & chatterbait rod

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu May 04, 2017 10:27 am

Agentboost wrote:Damn, I knew it. Never to open this thread and read all it's contain! :-({|=

Anyone fish that Warhammer yet?
That was one of the first rods I fished from the series. REALLY blown away by it. Its the perfect punching rod. Does not feel bulky in hand. Incredible power. I like it a lot.

FunInTheSun
Angler
Angler

Post by FunInTheSun » Fri May 05, 2017 9:48 am

Is the Addermine good for Shakey Head or tubes?
Im wondering if it would be able to replace my XX Shakeyhead Special.
I found it a little stiff for my dropshot style because im used to the XX dropshot special and the x4 version.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:41 am

Hennessy wrote:FWIW, wired2fish did a review on the FMJ & raved on it being a excellent jig rod. Too bad im stuck with my nrx rods for bottom contact baits. Hopefully they'll be some reviews on the Daemos from people using it for chatterbaits/spinnerbaits. They did say the biggest fish caught on the FMJ was a 6lber in cover on a chatterbait but the Daemos would make a better swim jig & chatterbait rod
Where is the review? I looked on Youtube and did not see it on their channel

NVM. Found it on the website :lol:

pharmboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by pharmboy » Sat May 06, 2017 11:39 am

First day out with the Daemos and all I can say is WOW! It is so versatile and SO sensitive. I love the power and the taper; forgiveness where you need it and power when you need it. I found it to be a ideal rod for swim jigs, swing heads, spinnerbaits, chatter baits and lipless cranks. Given that these are all staples in my arsenal of fishing tactics, I am going to get crazy use out of this rod for years to come. What a steal to get 10% off at TW, hope they keep it part of the memorial day sale.

Now, which one next??

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Sun May 07, 2017 7:08 am

pharmboy wrote:First day out with the Daemos and all I can say is WOW! It is so versatile and SO sensitive. I love the power and the taper; forgiveness where you need it and power when you need it. I found it to be a ideal rod for swim jigs, swing heads, spinnerbaits, chatter baits and lipless cranks. Given that these are all staples in my arsenal of fishing tactics, I am going to get crazy use out of this rod for years to come. What a steal to get 10% off at TW, hope they keep it part of the memorial day sale.

Now, which one next??
That's good to know! What reel you have on yours? Probably wouldn't match the best, but mine would have a core 50mg on it. Any idea how much the rod weighs? Cant remember but either memorial day, fathers day or july 4th is 15% off and that would put the Daemos at $340, i can handle that.lol

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Mon May 08, 2017 2:31 am

from tackletrap website:

Daemos - 124g
FMJ - 130g
Javelin - 145g
Valdiva - 157g
Warhammer - 188g
Onager - 190g

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:13 am

Gary, in regards to the 110 special, were you able to test how light of a lure it can handle? I am wondering if it may have potential to be a BFS rod?
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capesmallie » Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 am

zodiak311 wrote:Gary, in regards to the 110 special, were you able to test how light of a lure it can handle? I am wondering if it may have potential to be a BFS rod?
A staysee 90 is pushing it with how light you can go with this rod. I used it for 110's, pointer 127, and duo realis 120. It handled all these baits really well. Does not seem like a bfs style rod to me at all

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:16 am

capesmallie wrote:
zodiak311 wrote:Gary, in regards to the 110 special, were you able to test how light of a lure it can handle? I am wondering if it may have potential to be a BFS rod?
A staysee 90 is pushing it with how light you can go with this rod. I used it for 110's, pointer 127, and duo realis 120. It handled all these baits really well. Does not seem like a bfs style rod to me at all
Thanks for the info!
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Bassfan22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassfan22 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:40 am

capesmallie wrote:
I totally agree with capesmallie. I fished this rod and is not a bfs rod at all is more like a 843 mbr to me. When I fished this rod I noticed the line hit the blank in a couple of spots but is a good rod for big jerkbaits to me. I have the XXX one ten stick and I love it works for small and big jerkbaits. Plus I like smaller rods for jerkbaits.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 am

Hey guys, I believe this was asked above but I never saw a response: what is the grip profile like on these? Slimmer like other MB offerings or a little thicker for the American market?

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Thu May 25, 2017 9:16 am

I also have a question that I might've missed the answer to in a previous reply, but what are the handle lengths on the FMJ and Valdiva? Butt to reel seat.

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NYBASSIN » Thu May 25, 2017 2:58 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:I also have a question that I might've missed the answer to in a previous reply, but what are the handle lengths on the FMJ and Valdiva? Butt to reel seat.
Don't have the FMJ but, the Valdivia is 12" from butt to center of reel seat.

Bassfan22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassfan22 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:I also have a question that I might've missed the answer to in a previous reply, but what are the handle lengths on the FMJ and Valdiva? Butt to reel seat.
Just like the Valdiva is 12" from butt to center of reel seat. Great rod love mine.