First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Post by M Perry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:50 am

bronzefly wrote:
zodiak311 wrote: I like the balance point for the Warhammer, especially for punching!
Agreed. I'll likely pair a Warhammer with an original Zillion variant when punching season rolls around. It also feels nice on that rod and will work really well swinging 1oz. plus tungsten into the cabbage!
Chode wrote:wow, the balance of that onager is crazy, especially since it's such a heavy powered rod
I have never held a better balanced, better feeling big bait rod. It is shocking how light that combo feels in hand. I could easily see a Conquest 300 or any number of other reels of that size and weight being equally as well balanced and comfortable. Once the word gets out, this rod will become VERY popular with big bait guys. Great work Megabass!! =D>
Both the Warhammer and Onager are stunning in regards to how light and balanced they are. They simply delivered big time with these two.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:39 am

Just got the sticks yesterday.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:00 am

And the same spot as on my Valdiva. I think they are all balanced that way. :big grin:

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NYBASSIN » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:23 am

Just came home to the Valdivia. It seems like it's going to be a great rod. Sold an NRX 894 to get it. My first impression is I won't regret it. Aesthetically it no contest, Valdivia wins by a landslide. Balance is another point for the Valdivia and overall just feels better in hand. Tough to say weather it will be as sensitive but time will tell. Can't wait to get it on the water.

Black Haze
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Black Haze » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:02 am

NYBASSIN wrote:Just came home to the Valdivia. It seems like it's going to be a great rod. Sold an NRX 894 to get it. My first impression is I won't regret it. Aesthetically it no contest, Valdivia wins by a landslide. Balance is another point for the Valdivia and overall just feels better in hand. Tough to say weather it will be as sensitive but time will tell. Can't wait to get it on the water.
Let me know how u like the rod after fishing it...do u feel its a true ex fast? I was thinking about picking up one for jig fishing

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:13 am

Revofisher wrote:yeah let me do some research on how to post pics on here. it balanced right above the locking nut with a tatula sv on it. I now put a sv 103 on the rod i ended up catching three fish while checking it out. i know its too soon i literally only fished it for 2 hours, but it is definitely one of my favorite rods. In my hands i had no trouble feeling any of the bites, and felt the bottom really well. It is not NRX sensitive but i was not counting on it to be. Its hard at this point but i almost want to say equal to my 2016 glx 853. I am very pleased with the balance and sensitivity of the rod and i can say the quality is great for a beautiful rod. The two smaller fish i caught came out of the water!! so this rod can handle some hook sets with your back into it.
That's good to know. Megabass really not known for high end sensitivity, they make pretty rods though. $400 for a moving bait rod is out of my price range

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:49 am

I just received my FMJ today from TTT. The rod feels well balanced and it's lighter than I expected. The rod looks absolutely gorgeous and screams quality. The purple thread wraps match up well with my Steez SV TW 8.1. I hope the FMJ performs as well as it looks and feels. I'll be putting the combo through it's paces next week. :big grin:

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NYBASSIN » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:01 am

Black Haze wrote:
NYBASSIN wrote:Just came home to the Valdivia. It seems like it's going to be a great rod. Sold an NRX 894 to get it. My first impression is I won't regret it. Aesthetically it no contest, Valdivia wins by a landslide. Balance is another point for the Valdivia and overall just feels better in hand. Tough to say weather it will be as sensitive but time will tell. Can't wait to get it on the water.
Let me know how u like the rod after fishing it...do u feel its a true ex fast? I was thinking about picking up one for jig fishing
I haven't fished it but I tied the line off and tested the taper. I would say it is a true extra fast but not with a soft tip like an NRX 893 for example. The power is definitely evident in the tip and quickly gets into more power. I plan on using mine to make long casts and drag football jigs. I think it will be perfect,for what I like in a rod to do so. When I fish it I'll give you more details.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 am

After seeing all these pics, these rods look too pretty NOT to have one. Maybe the 7'2 or 7'5 model would be good for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and swim jigs. Should be a few reviews out before TW next 15% & 20% off sales and that price wouldn't be so bad for a moving bait rod. The new steez looks awesome on it!

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 am

I'm getting that Onager this year.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:57 am

Hennessy wrote:After seeing all these pics, these rods look too pretty NOT to have one. Maybe the 7'2 or 7'5 model would be good for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and swim jigs. Should be a few reviews out before TW next 15% & 20% off sales and that price wouldn't be so bad for a moving bait rod. The new steez looks awesome on it!

Aren't megabass always excluded in sales?

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:33 am

Chode wrote:
Hennessy wrote:After seeing all these pics, these rods look too pretty NOT to have one. Maybe the 7'2 or 7'5 model would be good for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and swim jigs. Should be a few reviews out before TW next 15% & 20% off sales and that price wouldn't be so bad for a moving bait rod. The new steez looks awesome on it!

Yes they are.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:49 am

You guys are absolutely killing me! There are at least three that I'd love to add to my arsenal right now, but I'm working with Matt on a custom right now, and I am about as far from made of money as anyone can be. All that being said, I'm going to have a really hard time making it through the next week without ordering one, and I'm thinking Javelin.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Anyone finally gonna come up with all weights for these rods?

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Chode wrote:

Haven't ordered rods, but there baits aren't. Just have to call in just like all the other exclusions on there list