Megabass US vs Japan models

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mickeyfin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass US vs Japan models

Post by mickeyfin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:01 am

Hey Y'all. Hope everyone had a Happy New Years.
'Scuse my ignorance on the subject.
I'm considering buying the 7'5" Orochi "extreme mission" rod to go with a Curado 200I. I came across the JDM model for about $50 less. Besides the red color trim is it the same rod?
thanks, Mick
Last edited by mickeyfin on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass US vs Japan models

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 am

The JDM version also came with better guides (SiC). For $50 less...no brainer!

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:14 am

I usually dont care much about how fishing rods look but the red is difficult for me to handle. its like meeting the perfect girl but her face is totally busted. Will you really be able to look into her eyes and feel the love?

The US version has a good 3 yr replacement plan. If youre not interested in that and dont care about the red, id get the JDM one. Just drink a few beers before you fish it.

mickeyfin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mickeyfin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Pulled the trigger. Hopefully won't need a warranty but will more than likely snap the tip off in no time. I'm an expert LOL

Thanks, Mick

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:52 pm

sweet! what do you plan on using the extreme mission for? do you own any other XX rods?

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:18 am

Congrats! You're going to love it!

frankdi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by frankdi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 am

I have the extreme mission in the X7 series. I use mine for 1/4-1/2 oz jigs and Texas rigs, throwing 1/2-3/4 oz swimbaits on Erie for smallies, and 4-6 inch senkos for largemouths in cover. Great rod.

mickeyfin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mickeyfin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:18 pm

bigfruits wrote:sweet! what do you plan on using the extreme mission for? do you own any other XX rods?

I target saltwater calico bass in So. Cal. We have an 8 man charter group that loves to throw plastics from 1/4 to 1 oz.
There's Yellowtail, white sea bass and a few rockfish mixed in. We fish shallows near structure and kelp beds.
Got plenty of tackle dedicated to bass and always willing to try something different.
Over the last few years I have been buying freshwater rods. There are a limited amount of bass rods dedicated to salt and an endless amount of rods for freshwater. Only thing is the handles have to be long enough to tuck under the arm. As long as they get a fresh water rinse there's no worries about rust. Looking forward to adding the XX to the quiver

go gettum, Mick

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:50 am

Sounds like fun. I visited family in San Diego a while back and took a charter out of Mission Bay area and we fished for Calico. Had a good time, using freshwater rigs and plastics would have been a blast!