Kuying Leadership 7'6'' BFS rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Kuying Leadership 7'6'' BFS rod

Post by LowRange » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:40 am

Just a heads up for the fans of the Teton. Kuying has a sea bass rod out that looks to be very similar to a BFS stick. I just ordered the light powered 7'6'' two piece casting. Much like the Teton, the build quality should excellent for the money. Lets hope replacement tips will be made available for purchase as well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 34290.html

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

IlliniDawg01

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:02 am

Those look pretty nice. Wish I had a reason to get one. Please share your review once you try it out.

DaveJ

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kuying Leadership 7'6'' BFS rod

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Starting 11/11 there is a huge sale going on at Ali. This rod might be available really cheap.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:13 am

this rod looks like it would make casting little floating rapala minnows for trout really really fun...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:01 am

Just got mine in the mail today. Pics and impressions to come this weekend when I get a chance to play with it. The taper is like a really long cross between Volkey 65UL and 68L. PX Type R looks really good on it.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 am

Just an FYI, the Kuying store on aliexpress started a sale today. I have no idea how long it goes for but I picked up a Kuying Tournament MH/H(two tips) 702 casting rod and a Teton 602UL for less than 100.00 shipped for the pair. Both rods feature Fuji hardware and Toray blanks. I already have 2 other Tetons and the craftsmanship is along the lines of Major Craft, who has become my favorite rod company.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:47 am

I haven't fished the rod yet but I have made some casts out in yard with it and it is impressive.

Build quality: Exceptional. Kuying is capable of building a clean, well built rod right up there with Majorcraft. I am very impressed.

Casting: It casts light weight stuff far. This thing absolutely launches small objects. The DIY in the Pixy can't keep up. The 1st cast with an 1/8 ounce spoon spooled the DIY of #10 nano fill while the bait was still flying high with a flat trajectory.

Taper: It's like a cross between an UL and L Majorcraft BFS. It has a backbone like my 682L Volkey but with a softer, lighter, tip. It isn't really any more powerful of a rod than the 682L Volkey because the backbone length is about the same. What has been made longer with this rod is what I call the Moderate Mid Section of the rod. The area that transitions from soft flexible tip to rigid backbone, which, coincidentally is the area of rod used for long distance casting. The rear grip is also about 2 inches longer than what is found on a 682L Volkey. .

Sensitivity: Unknown. Haven't been out on the water with it yet.

I have the 7'6'' light powered model.

fati
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fati » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:08 am

That rod looks like a mix of speedstyle and zodias

Ifish585
Angler
Angler

Post by Ifish585 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:44 am

LowRange wrote:I haven't fished the rod yet but I have made some casts out in yard with it and it is impressive.

Build quality: Exceptional. Kuying is capable of building a clean, well built rod right up there with Majorcraft. I am very impressed.

Casting: It casts light weight stuff far. This thing absolutely launches small objects. The DIY in the Pixy can't keep up. The 1st cast with an 1/8 ounce spoon spooled the DIY of #10 nano fill while the bait was still flying high with a flat trajectory.

Taper: It's like a cross between an UL and L Majorcraft BFS. It has a backbone like my 682L Volkey but with a softer, lighter, tip. It isn't really any more powerful of a rod than the 682L Volkey because the backbone length is about the same. What has been made longer with this rod is what I call the Moderate Mid Section of the rod. The area that transitions from soft flexible tip to rigid backbone, which, coincidentally is the area of rod used for long distance casting. The rear grip is also about 2 inches longer than what is found on a 682L Volkey. .

Sensitivity: Unknown. Haven't been out on the water with it yet.

I have the 7'6'' light powered model.

When you try it out can you let me know how that rod is? very interested in getting one of those

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

IlliniDawg01

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:55 am

I broke down and ordered one of these this week:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3277464 ... 0.0.dOx4Zn

I prefer 3 piece rods or 1 piece rods myself.

DaveJ

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 am

that rod looks like it would be so fun to throw little rapalas for trout...i must resist.......

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: IlliniDawg01

Post by Bootytrain » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:I broke down and ordered one of these this week:

DaveJ
I have one of those in the 5'6 ul

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:43 am

DaveJ
How bad can it be for $38? Let us know what you think of it when it arrives. A budget UL casting rod warrrents a budget UL casting reel. Speaking of that I got my Black Max 3 DIY spool in the mail today. It seems like it'll be a great caster once the bearings are upgraded. The linear mag braking of the Black Max controls the spool very well.

The only rods I trust from aliexpress are the Kuying rods. I had a trulinoya rod that was a knock off of the Volkley 65ul and it fished great but broke at the ferrule because the female end of the rod was paper thin. Another nice feature about the Kuying rods is that tip sections of the rods are available for purchace on most modles. About the Leadership, the 72L is about as close to a poor man's Volley 69XUL as your going to get IMO. The Leadership L power is VERY similar to a Volley UL power.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: IlliniDawg01

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 am

DaveJ
Rod came in yesterday in a short PVC tube :) Took a little under a month for shipping to complete.

I'm very impressed with the build quality. Guides are high end Fuji's as advertised (or fantastic copies). It is a pretty nice blank I think. Not a noodle by any stretch. Actually has a fast tip and some decent backbone. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.

DaveJ

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Fishes like a really long Majorcraft Volkey. Taper seems to be right in between the Volkey 68L and 65UL which themselves are only half power apart from each other to begin with. Sensitivity seems to be on par witn the Volkey. 1st outing with the rod an so far so good.