ML Spinning rod recommendations

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ML Spinning rod recommendations

Post by KlingerNOK » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:30 pm

I'd like to get a new fairy wand.
Something in the 7'-7'6" range, ML action and I am not wanting to spend a bundle.
To give you an idea, I've been looking at Daiwa Cronos, Kistler Magnesium 2, Majorcraft Nanoace and 13 Omen Black 2's.
The rod will be paired with a shallow spool 2500 sized reel (Probably a Stradic CI4+ or my old Luvias) and be used for Ned rigs and the dreaded drop shot.
Any hints or suggestions?

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: ML Spinning rod recommendations

Post by timsford » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:12 pm

If you want to save some money, check out the autos rods on clearance on the Fenwick site. Very nice rod in the same retail range as the chronic with titanium guides and lifetime warranty for under $100! I love all of mine they are very sensitive for a sub $200 rod, let alone under 100, and crisp, with nice looks and great build quality on the ones I have. The data tabula rods are really nice as well and can be found for 110. If you do want to spend more, the 13 envy around 200 on tackle warehouse are great rods and way nicer than any other 200 rod I've personally held

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timsford » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Wow sorry the auto correct on my phone got me. It was supposed to read Fenwick aetos and daiwa tatula :laugh1:

PropaneGuy
Angler
Angler

Post by PropaneGuy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:22 am

I agree with timsford that the Fenwick Aetos for under $100 is one of the best deals. I own the 7'6" ML XF and it is fast becoming one of my favorite rods. I use it for drop shotting mainly. Excellent sensitivity, and very well made. The extra length and XF action gives you excellent casting distances, and amazing hooksets. Best purchase of a rod I have made period.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:42 am

If you look at the post about the Cronos rods you will get an idea of what some have said. I switched out my Tatulas for the Cronos and absolutely love them. I have been using both versions of the 7'6" for Ned rigs, drops shot and other finesse techniques. I love the tip on these rods as I can cast light weights a long distance and still have good sensitivity and setting the hook on a long cast is not an issue. I also have the 7'3" that I use for tube,s drop shotting bigger baits, finesse jigs and light t-rigs.

I would recommend the Cronos to just about anyone.

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 am

Are the guides on the Fenwicks all titanium or titanium frames with inserts?
I've looked at a couple pics online and seen the Aetos both with and w/o inserts.

PropaneGuy
Angler
Angler

Post by PropaneGuy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:21 am

Titanium Frame with a Titanium Insert.

jerrylo913
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jerrylo913 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:14 pm

I have a 7' ML Major Craft Corzza and I love it. It's one pretty stick and pretty sensitive.