2016 muse swimbait rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2016 muse swimbait rods

Post by spookybaits » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:50 am

Imo these get my vote for icast 2016 best freshwater rod award.

-36 ton Japanese toray blanks
-all double footed stainless steel guides
-carbon reel seat with soft touch coating, Fuji pts styled.
-slick foxhole hook keeper- placed under the foam foregrip, so that your swimbait is resting on foam(rather than the blank)
-full grip, slim contoured eva handles
-6 models, for baits ranging from 2-22oz.
-all black 'murdered out' styling (akin to megabass x4 rods)
-$215-$235

Available July 21st.

-The TW video: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/icast16c ... tvid=CRODS

-TW page(some typos on rod specs- see 13 fishing page for correct specs): http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/13_Fishi ... -M1SB.html

13 fishing product page: http://www.13fishing.com/muse-black-swimbait/

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 2016 muse swimbait rods

Post by Abu Daimano » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:55 pm

These definitely caught my eye also, I'm thinking that 8'H would be something fierce

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 am

Agreed, that's the one I'm getting first. If I still lived in California and threw trout baits I'd be looking at the bigger models but that 8ft should make a perfect east coast/all around swimbait rod. Reads 4-8oz but I'm guessing it'll work perfectly for 2-8oz.
The 7'9 seems similar to dobyns 795, which I found lackluster and underwhelming for swimbaits, and fished more like a big crankbait rod.
I'd like to try the 8'6 heavy but Id struggle with it logistically.. It won't fit on my boat deck, truck or even my house :lol:

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm

spookybaits wrote:Agreed, that's the one I'm getting first. If I still lived in California and threw trout baits I'd be looking at the bigger models but that 8ft should make a perfect east coast/all around swimbait rod. Reads 4-8oz but I'm guessing it'll work perfectly for 2-8oz.
The 7'9 seems similar to dobyns 795, which I found lackluster and underwhelming for swimbaits, and fished more like a big crankbait rod.
I'd like to try the 8'6 heavy but Id struggle with it logistically.. It won't fit on my boat deck, truck or even my house :lol:

Have you ever thrown an 8" Hudd on an 8'-6" rod? I hear you about that rod logistically though, it's the most common reason I've heard as to why people won't get one. It is a bit of a PITA but all of that melts away upon the first bomb. I'll never go back to throwing an 8" Hudd on anything shorter.

These new rods are the only thing from this year's ICAST that truly excited me. I hope to get one sooner rather than later.

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Ouch, TWH currently lists availability at November 1 :(

***Edit***
Apparently that's not just a TWH availability date. I was just told by 13 Fishing on FB that November is the availability date across the board. No specifics were given as to when in Nov. though.