Any new Shimano rod rumors?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
toledo bend bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Any new Shimano rod rumors?

Post by toledo bend bass » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:49 am

With ICAST almost right here on us...Has anyone heard of any new rods or new models added to zodias? I am truly hoping for a new series of Cumara rods. Any info? There is really nothing out there about new offerings at ICAST this year.

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Any new Shimano rod rumors?

Post by fishballer06 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 am

I know they added some glass rods to the Zodias line. The official release of those might be at iCast.

I'm hoping that St. Croix revamps the Avid lineup.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 am

toledo bend bass wrote:With ICAST almost right here on us...Has anyone heard of any new rods or new models added to zodias? I am truly hoping for a new series of Cumara rods. Any info? There is really nothing out there about new offerings at ICAST this year.
I'd like a new cumara line as well.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 am

I can't remember if this is known or not, but I hope they bring over the new Bantam rods.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 pm

pharmboy2010 wrote:I can't remember if this is known or not, but I hope they bring over the new Bantam rods.
I wouldn't mind that either but would you pay $500 for one?

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
pharmboy2010 wrote:I can't remember if this is known or not, but I hope they bring over the new Bantam rods.
Perhaps not at $500 but I am sure folks would jump on them when they are offered as Rep Samples, on closeout, or caught on sale. :-k

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:48 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Id wait for a TW sale as im wanting the 168m as the perfect compliment for my conquest 50dc for small cranks.

Perhaps not at $500 but I am sure folks would jump on them when they are offered as Rep Samples, on closeout, or caught on sale. :-k

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:48 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
why would they bring in a rod that nobody will buy at regular? that's the reason they discontinuing the adrena and expride.

toledo bend bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by toledo bend bass » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 am

Discontinuing the expride... What?

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:08 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
why would they bring in a rod that nobody will buy at regular? that's the reason they discontinuing the adrena and expride.
Its not that folks would NOT buy them at regular price rather most folks probably wouldn't unless they felt like they were getting a deal of some sort. The US market for folks buying $400 -500 rods is small. It is even smaller the higher you go like 13 Fishing and ArchAngel rods. Put a higher end rod on sale, offer as Dealer Demo or Rep Sample, or close them out and folks that were on the fence about buying one will be more likely to take the plunge. I wonder how many people have paid full retail for a NRX at around $550 plus compared to the number that have bought them used or as Rep Sample/Dealer Demo at around $400 give or take. I am not sure if the Bantam rods will come over but I do know that without the Cumara and Adrena what does Shimano have to offer above the Zodias?

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:49 am

That rep sample things is a sales pitch.

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:07 am

My opinion is Shimano's new warranty never gave the Adrena and Expride a chance. Enthusiasts would rather jump up to the NRX line with better warranty and options with rep samples. They needed at least a 3 yr warranty program.

paulito
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paulito » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Bass1980 wrote:My opinion is Shimano's new warranty never gave the Adrena and Expride a chance. Enthusiasts would rather jump up to the NRX line with better warranty and options with rep samples. They needed at least a 3 yr warranty program.
I agree. Thankfully my adrena snapped clean in half on my second outing with a fish on the line and I was given shimano credit. That 1yr warranty for a 400 rod is pretty meh.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Exactly..

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:22 pm

There warranty is shoddy at best now. However they still are some of the best rods I've ever owned.