destroyer 2016 blank material

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

destroyer 2016 blank material

Post by PBP » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:34 am

Does anyone know what type of graphite is used in Destroyer 2016 series?
I know very little about Megabass rods, except for Orochi series never held any in my hands. Consider getting Destroyer Hein, how would blank compare to other high end rods like gloomis glx\nrx?
Thank you.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: destroyer 2016 blank material

Post by cndbasshunter » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:44 pm

PBP wrote:Does anyone know what type of graphite is used in Destroyer 2016 series?
I know very little about Megabass rods, except for Orochi series never held any in my hands. Consider getting Destroyer Hein, how would blank compare to other high end rods like gloomis glx\nrx?
Thank you.
pyrofil is my guess....the newer 2015 destroyer x7 have all changed to pyrofil.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:13 am

What's the word on the pyrofil?
Is it as sensitive as graphite, or in this case their graphite predecessors of the same line(s)?
Are there different types of pyrofil, for the different lines? Or is it all the same blank as, say the levante line?

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:36 am

Megabass usually doesn't officially release info about blank material.
I am for instance don't know if there is a difference between X7 and Destroyer series in blank material.
Website info usually pointless to read.

Crankbaitmaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Crankbaitmaker » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 am

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:35 am

Crankbaitmaker wrote:https://www.mrc.co.jp/pyrofil/english/

Crankbaitmaker
Thanks for the link. The English translation read better than they normally do. I was prepared for 'pyrofil is a dynamic cross-weave of the anglers sensitivity to the fish game flatulence when detecting the light bite' or something like that.

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:07 am

:lol:

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:16 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Crankbaitmaker wrote:https://www.mrc.co.jp/pyrofil/english/

Crankbaitmaker
Thanks for the link. The English translation read better than they normally do. I was prepared for 'pyrofil is a dynamic cross-weave of the anglers sensitivity to the fish game flatulence when detecting the light bite' or something like that.
:lol: x2

Well done =D>

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigturtle » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 am

cndbasshunter wrote: pyrofil is my guess....the newer 2015 destroyer x7 have all changed to pyrofil.
so all the 2014 x7 models have different blank material?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:13 pm

cndbasshunter wrote: pyrofil is my guess....the newer 2015 destroyer x7 have all changed to pyrofil.
My understanding was that the blanks of the 2015 X7 were identical to the original X7 series, only the cosmetics were different. Same with the 2015 Black Jungle Super Red Demon and Power Versatile for example (both of which I like the 2015 version over the original version!)

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Is any difference in Levante pyrofil graphite vs 2016 Destroyer series pyrofil?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Cracker wrote:Is any difference in Levante pyrofil graphite vs 2016 Destroyer series pyrofil?
There will be a significant difference in the blank material and composition. I'll have my hands on some of the new Destroyer rods pretty soon now. Megabass isn't going to use the exact same blanks for an entry level Levante series and a new Destroyer line even if they share some common materials.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Cracker wrote:Is any difference in Levante pyrofil graphite vs 2016 Destroyer series pyrofil?
There will be a significant difference in the blank material and composition. I'll have my hands on some of the new Destroyer rods pretty soon now. Megabass isn't going to use the exact same blanks for an entry level Levante series and a new Destroyer line even if they share some common materials.
If they do, why they can't officially release that information, and give each graphite specific name or abbreviation, most US rod makers do that - NRX,GLX,IMX,etc, SCVI,SCV,SCIV,SCIII. Would be much easier for us (rod buyers) to select proper rod in that case.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Cracker wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
If they do, why they can't officially release that information, and give each graphite specific name or abbreviation, most US rod makers do that - NRX,GLX,IMX,etc, SCVI,SCV,SCIV,SCIII. Would be much easier for us (rod buyers) to select proper rod in that case.
It's common knowledge that Levante, XX, X4, Phase III, X7 are individual series and use different blank materials just like NRX, GLX, IMX. The same holds true for the new Destroyer line. Does Loomis for example release a formula detailing every material used in every blank series they make? What Megabass does or doesn't release is their decision to make, so ask them. Personally, I'm more interested in how they feel and fish in comparison to other rods I know.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:41 pm

St. Croix has very nice blank material guide.
http://stcroixrods.com/products/rod-building/blanks/

Good luck ask Megabass something like that :lol:
Besides Pyrofil name Megabass doesn't give any description in each series.
The price difference might be because of rod components (better guides, cork, reel seats, etc)