Tackle Warehouse Customer Service Rod Review

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tackle Warehouse Customer Service Rod Review

Post by smalljaw » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:30 pm

I hate to pile on but everything I order I get a tracking number before the item is picked up and I normally give it 7 days because shipping companies are run by humans so mistakes happen. If TW told me they were going to make things right and I end up with 2 more rods, I am 100% calling to find out rather than assuming, I'm getting gifted free product. I feel bad that you ended up in a bad experience but you do have to take at least partial blame in assuming you got your rods for free, at the very least I would have made sure of that but maybe that is just me but I like to be certain and not take things for granted.

Unimog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Unimog » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:05 pm

As far as the initial purchase, they were ordered Christmas Eve, Christmas Day was Friday then the weekend. Shipping on the 28th was the earliest possible they could have gone out. Even if ups picked up Christmas eve they would have sat in the local terminal until the 28th.

Rich Frye
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rich Frye » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Last post on the topic for me.
IF I had not been lied to two of three times right off the bat , lied to, as three totally different stories could not possibly be true as to when the rods had actually left The TW warehouse, ( and here is something new to me , shipped to TW means on their truck heading to UPS...one story I was told , so even though it left their warehouse on 28th , UPS did not have them on the 28th) AND if they had not copped attitudes after management had aditmitted mistakes ( plural) from the beginning ( and it took time for them to admit mistakes, plural) and if they had followed up on their word , and IF after making yet another big mistake they had once again simply said 'our bad, sorry ' , they would have recieved their used rods back without an issue.

Again, my phone calls and emails go unanswered as oppsed to them getting used rods back in their possession.

In the short time I have been on this forum I have purchased two items from fellow members here. A spool and a rod.
See my feedback here on what happens when transactions go as they should . Two rave reviews , as opposed to being a ' pain in the ass customer' .

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:38 am

You keep calling them "used rods". Were you buying "used rods" from them, or were you the first one to use them? You ordered 2 rods. Shipping was delayed more than you expected. They offered to overnight you a second set of rods to make up for the slow shipping to make it right. You got those rods. When the original set of rods (now rods 3 and 4) came in why didn't you send those back? You put custom lure keepers on all 4 rods? Why? You bought 2 rods. All you have to do is send back 2 rods and everything is good. They will credit your card as soon as they get them back.

Shame on their customer service for not understanding their own shipping system better, but as Teal said, that is how shipping works. A Tracking number is auto assigned to an order shortly after the order is confirmed. It sits on a sticker/label until your purchase is boxed up. This normally takes at least 1 business day to get boxed up. Sometimes more around the holidays. Once it is boxed up it has to either be picked up by UPS/FedEx/USPS or dropped off by the shipper at a facility. Later that day it will actually get updated by their tracking system when it finally goes on one of their trucks.

There is some fault to go around, but I don't think TW did anything egregious.

DaveJ

Rich Frye
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rich Frye » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:You keep calling them "used rods". Were you buying "used rods" from them, or were you the first one to use them? You ordered 2 rods. Shipping was delayed more than you expected. They offered to overnight you a second set of rods to make up for the slow shipping to make it right. You got those rods. When the original set of rods (now rods 3 and 4) came in why didn't you send those back? You put custom lure keepers on all 4 rods? Why? You bought 2 rods. All you have to do is send back 2 rods and everything is good. They will credit your card as soon as they get them back.

Shame on their customer service for not understanding their own shipping system better, but as Teal said, that is how shipping works. A Tracking number is auto assigned to an order shortly after the order is confirmed. It sits on a sticker/label until your purchase is boxed up. This normally takes at least 1 business day to get boxed up. Sometimes more around the holidays. Once it is boxed up it has to either be picked up by UPS/FedEx/USPS or dropped off by the shipper at a facility. Later that day it will actually get updated by their tracking system when it finally goes on one of their trucks.

There is some fault to go around, but I don't think TW did anything egregious.

DaveJ
I did not order used rods, The rods were used before TW got around to realizing that they had indeed NOT followed up , as they stated they would, with UPS to either make sure the rods were delivered as a gift or re-routed because TW wanted them back. tw once again did not do as they said they would, so by the time they called me back on the 13th of January the rods were used. They wanted $50, now used, rods returned from 100 miles from my location.
Everyone seems to think that the three people I talked to from TW who all had vastly different stories just had a bad few days or that simple mistakes were made. This is not the case.
TW attempted from the start to deflect blame upon UPS, and when I did some digging I had found that I was simply being lied to.
This is why TW took it upon themselves to overnight new products as opposed to one last time lying and say it it was all a UPS error. If it was a UPS error, or errors, TW would just have said ' it is the holiday season, things are slow'. And I would have easily understood. But, I am not an idiot and understand when I hear three totally different stories.
Lies, not simple mistakes , lies, plural.
The combination of their phrasing that I was getting two new rods shipped to me free of charge and the fact that THEY would follow up with the UPS shipment , compounded with the fact they had been caught red handed lying to me on at least two different occasions led me to believe that TW was indeed trying to " make thing right " because of their mistakes.
When I do not understand a business' practice and need clarification about shipping I call and ask. It is my right and responsibility .
When a business is not clear on their shipping it is ip to them to be informative and straight forward, not deceptive.
They were deceptive to me , got busted and then busted a second time within days.

Now, one last time and we see if this one sticks.
I have attempted multiple types of communication to bring an end to this situation with TW both by email requests and phone calls. All have been fruitless , as have requests to speak to employees' managers. I was charged for rods before given the chance to resolve TW multiple errors.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am

Please say you at least paid the extra $5.00 for 2 day shipping. Also, as a few have said, every internet order from most every tackle shop will send you a "shipped" email that is nothing more than an automated reply. Whenever I paid the extra $5.00, I had my order in 2 to 3 days. When I don't pay the $5.00, the orders tend to take 5 to 7 days.

Rich Frye
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rich Frye » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:19 am

njbasscat wrote:Please say you at least paid the extra $5.00 for 2 day shipping. Also, as a few have said, every internet order from most every tackle shop will send you a "shipped" email that is nothing more than an automated reply. Whenever I paid the extra $5.00, I had my order in 2 to 3 days. When I don't pay the $5.00, the orders tend to take 5 to 7 days.
No upgrade in shipping faster paid. I was not so much wanting super fast shipping , I wanted reliable and truthful answers from them so my buddy who has to plan and drive 100 miles could make appropriate plans.
I understand on average what shipping times are , once I know an item is acutally in the hands of the shipper.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:57 am

Rich Frye wrote:
njbasscat wrote:Please say you at least paid the extra $5.00 for 2 day shipping. Also, as a few have said, every internet order from most every tackle shop will send you a "shipped" email that is nothing more than an automated reply. Whenever I paid the extra $5.00, I had my order in 2 to 3 days. When I don't pay the $5.00, the orders tend to take 5 to 7 days.
No upgrade in shipping faster paid. I was not so much wanting super fast shipping , I wanted reliable and truthful answers from them so my buddy who has to plan and drive 100 miles could make appropriate plans.
I understand on average what shipping times are , once I know an item is acutally in the hands of the shipper.
Probably the 2nd busiest time of year, if not the busiest in retail. You ordered on Christmas Eve and are mad because they didn't ship for a week but you didn't pay anything for shipping. I'm not sure why you feel entitled to anything free. Then they ship you 2 other rods overnight to try and satisfy an irate customer which they probably shouldn't have. You get those 2 rods and than the original 2 show up and you think those rods are a gift to make up for what? A couple people there who are probably hired on as holiday help told you your rods were shipped when they weren't. Is that a $50 mistake?

nativefloridian
Angler
Angler

Post by nativefloridian » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 am

well said nj

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:22 am

I am in retail. I know you. Sorry to say, if you expected anything more than compensated shipping on two rods that would get to you ASAP, then you have entitlement issues. Mistakes are one thing. Lies? They LIED? Maybe the situation was misunderstood by two of the 3 people. It's not that far fetched. But, you NEED them to be 'lying" so you can maintain the moral high ground you have ( or rather, the one you need) in order to justify what you believed was transpiring. No one has wronged you, at least until they got fed up and entered the risk/reward zone, where losing you as a customer was less of a risk than the reward of not having to deal with you anymore.
Sorry dude, you might not see it, I don't think any do, but you are being a royal PITA customer.

I am not flaming you, or trolling you, or intending to start a feud. Just what I see that everyone else is afraid to say...
Last edited by BucketHunter on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stubbs
Angler
Angler

Post by stubbs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:30 pm

BucketHunter wrote:But, you NEED them to be 'lying" so you can maintain the moral high ground you have ( or rather, the one you need) in order to justify what you believed was transpiring.
Agreed completely....seems like you are trying to justify a couple of "free" rods from TW

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Why did your friend have to drive to pick up from you anyway?
At $50 each...freight was free to either address.

As far as complaining about taking time to drive...sounds like you spent more then that time on the phone complaining to them and writing and responding to this post.
TW covering the overnite shipment to get you the 2nd set of rods was more then enough ...you still got your rods sooner then what the original shipment would have been from ca to il. I live in Iowa and its 5 business days during non-holiday shipping periods. So based on fact earliest they could have shipped was 12/28/15. New years on friday...the earliest you would have received was on 1/4/16 and that would have been during non shipping periods.

I also placed an order on 12/24/15 and my reponse looked like this:

From: Tackle Warehouse Information <info@tacklewarehouse.com>
To: Eric ^%$*&%#
Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2015 3:41 pm
Subject: Re: Tackle Warehouse Order #%&$#*&

Hello,

Your items will ship out next week as we have closed down shipping for the Christmas holiday. Thank you for choosing Tackle Warehouse.

Sincerely,
Online Services
Tackle Warehouse
info@tacklewarehouse.com

goblue
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by goblue » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 am

It is unclear is how you justified the conversion of the later arriving rods (the original shipment)
to your own property. Placing custom hook holders on a rod you possess is clear indication you
believed they were yours. You used the quote "making things right", an extremely vague commercial
term, to deduce that an additional set of rods were given to you in exchange for unclear shipping
information. This is an unreasonable expectation.

I understand your frustration in shipping. However, we have all encountered the clueless customer service
rep who cannot bring clarity to a situation. Perhaps they lied. Perhaps a misunderstanding. But even
assuming you were lied to, it entitles you to an apology, but certainly not to the entire value of the original
order.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:56 am

Plain and simple... The Fact is that You received the rods you wanted at an earlier time then what you would have expected by TW " making it right " by paying the Overnite freight charges to get to you sooner then you expected. Saying someone lied to you is an opinion ... Not a fact. You need to return the original ground shipment rods. You are not the victim here... Time to quit playing it and put your " Big Boy" pants on.