BFS St.Croix style with the Legend Inshore (mini review)

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: BFS St.Croix style with the Legend Inshore (mini review)

Post by CGrinder » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Please post your thoughts on the 7' MLM after you fish it a bit if you don't mind. I received mine but my season's pretty much over here.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Will do.
However, the reason I asked about the box size is that the rods may end up on a ship to Denmark (not an airplane). Long-ish story centered around $$$. If "shipped" then it may take around 6 weeks before I have it...

I have been eyeing the MLM for a couple of years. It looks good on pictures, has nice specs, and has a moderate action (I hope), which I am interested in. However, the usual retail price and the cost og shipping has kept me from buying it.
I intend to use it fishing streams and inshore (fjords) for sea run brown trout and perhaps the odd perch. The lures will be Mepps/Ilba/Mapso spinners, spoons, and old school Rapalas. When I get the rod I will decide which reel to use - probably Aldebaran 51, Metanium w Yumeya spool or an ABU Mørrum ZX (black/blue) w Avail spool.

Edit: When deleting a double post it seems that I also deleted (?) a short post in which I thanked the OP for his review and asked about the rod tube size... I have both the 66XLM and 70MLM on the way

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:06 am

Pulled the trigger on the xlm. Gonna pair it up with an MGX with an avail spool and see how it does with small 1/16-1/8 ounce baits.

doublethree
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by doublethree » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:33 am

Just bought xlm a couple of weeks back and used once two weeks ago for crappie fishing. Bamm, I limited out! This rod is great, casting 1/16 with ease and it is very sensitive. If it came with micro guides it would be perfect.

Congoman775
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Congoman775 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 am

any feed back available from those who pulled the trigger? Just bought a 70MLM blank on sale... $80.

slideaction
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slideaction » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:41 am

70 mlm $80. :shock: help me find the yellow brick road to it as well :D :) :D